Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox S v PS3

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

I have both at the moment but have had the ps3 for a lot longer.

Until I went to buy Xbox Live I always thought it was about 65 quid a year but I got mine for about 45. Was a nightmare setting up as Xbox was down there around the xmas but I eventually got it up and running. Was very surprised that I didn't had any trouble with setting up the network side of things unlike the PS3 which can be a nightmare, although when using UPC its very straight forward with very little messing about.

Regarding the controllers both have there advantages and disadvantages. When I started to play Xbox I realised how small the ps3 controller was, and I think this is something which Sony could take into account with the ps4, maybe different sized controllers ?

Saying that the analog sticks on the ps3 are much better in terms of sensitivity then the xbox. This is becomes very noticeable when playing Call of Duty I found (aiming and that). The right stick on the 360 controller is too far down I find.

Not sure about the latest 360s but my one is loud enough compared to my PS3. Doesn't bother me when playing games but does a little when watch netflix ect, therefore I prefer the ps3 here.

In terms of graphics I haven't noticed any difference between the two. Once you use a HDMI cable all will be fine.

Reliability? Too early to tell with the 360 as I don't have it that long, just hoping I never get the RRD. My PS3 is starting to give a little bit of lately. Its on its second optical laser now and does like to freezes every so often. Just hoping now that nothing bad goes wrong with it when GTA comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

I had to lower my firewall on the modem to allow Xbox live to connect. I have my PC firewall on the standard setting and an anti-virus so I should be fine.

My xbox connected to my PC via Windows Media centre which is pretty handy.

Its completely silent....so much so it feels like something is missing as my old xbox sounded like a jet engine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Use cheapxboxlivecodes.com to buy membership cards and MS points, alot cheaper than paying with a credit card or buying them in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

I wish I got a PS3 now as to not pay 40 big ones a year to play online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Did you not realise that before you handed over the beans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

I think 40 is pretty good....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

I have both and love both, play the PS3 more over the last year or so simply because the xbox's fan has become so loud!
    I do miss the xbox joypad though.

Xbox live is paid, but is a much better service IMO. PS online is more than acceptable though!

I really don't think it matters unless there is a particular game you want to play but can't on the other system.
    Most games are available on both now.

I got a 360 for Halo and Gears mainly and a PS3 for MGS4 and Killzone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

A 14 month live membership on cheapxboxlivecodes is €37.

Advertisement