Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hip-Hop 2013

• 01-01-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd start off the new year with some great news. People might already know this but Wax is releasing his album Continue in two weeks time on the 15th.

This song is on the album. Pretty nice tune. Wax kills it with the video as usual. The same girl that was in the video for Rosana is in this one. No bad thing at all :D.

Hopefully he comes over this side of the world with a few tour dates.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

this gangsta squad film looks great... had to research this jay z track i heard on the trailer..

the beat is fire... second verse song comes alive...good start to 13 from hova baby:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Thought I'd start off the new year with some great news. People might already know this but Wax is releasing his album Continue in two weeks time on the 15th.

This song is on the album. Pretty nice tune. Wax kills it with the video as usual. The same girl that was in the video for Rosana is in this one. No bad thing at all :D.

Hopefully he comes over this side of the world with a few tour dates.

I'm in love with Rosana :D

Though this track makes me more excited for the album than Toothbrush

Any idea if he's selling physical copies or is it just itunes?

Herbal T should have an album out soon too.

Evidence just posted this teaser earlier from his album with Alchemist calling themselves and the album Stepbrothers. Coming out on Rhymesayers by the looks of it! :cool:

Plus the Esoteric & Inspectah Deck album in Feb

It's already looking like a dope year!

Sh*t, maybe we will get Detox this y... ha ha ha I tried to type that with a straight face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

He will have to release this album he is not going to retire from releasing music without releasing a final album - it is not Detox anymore it has iterated dozens of times since then anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Freddie Gibbs has a verse on this song.

As a certain Walter White says in the comments below it:
    does Gibbs have one verse that doesnt straight kill ****?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A new album stream from a young Cali rapper called Self Provoked. I like the kid, album is called Chalk Fades.

Big Boi is appearing on a remix of 'Pink Matter' by Frank Ocean. Mightn't seem much but Andre 3000 is on that track as well.

He's also going to appear on a remix of T.I.'s 'Sorry', which also features 3 Stacks.

Could 2013 be the year that Outkast make a return?

682d6b672c31b24b06bd94cd258f7c09.png?1357164067

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

New Video from Kendrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

MD1990 wrote: »
    New Video from Kendrick

Can't wait to see him in a few weeks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

New Az Freestyle over the Illmatic intro "The Genesis". Looking forward to Doe or Die 2, he's working with the same production team from the first one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Damn dat nígga fúck sherane homie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

TheBza wrote: »
    New Az Freestyle over the Illmatic intro "The Genesis". Looking forward to Doe or Die 2, he's working with the same production team from the first one.

Does that mean there'll be some new pete rock material on it? I hope so anyway

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Does that mean there'll be some new pete rock material on it? I hope so anyway

Yep, he's confirmed tracks with L.E.S., DR Period, Pete Rock & Buckwild, wants Premo to work on some as well, the album's executive producer is Baby Paul, formally from Da Beatminerz, sounds interesting, there's no release date though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

K.Dot in Paris, love that video. Adds to the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

this gangsta squad film looks great... had to research this jay z track i heard on the trailer..

the beat is fire... second verse song comes alive...good start to 13 from hova baby:D

Can't check the link as I'm in work but isn't the gangster squad track off kingdom come? It's an oldie!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My prediction for 2013.

Alexander Spit's album is going to be dope.
    A Breathtaking Trip To That Otherside is out Jan 29th.

Koncept is in the studio working on his second album at the moment. This is brilliant news. His debut was one of the highlights of last year.

Class

floggg wrote: »
    Can't check the link as I'm in work but isn't the gangster squad track off kingdom come? It's an oldie!

ye it is, i never gave that album a listen in full but i coped it from the youtube comments after a few listens. None the less its a banger and the film looks great.

cassidy is going in hard on meek mill, iv never payed attention to this beef until now simply because its all over the net. I dont know if meek's replied at all yet or what's the story but my bet is he doesnt have a hope against cassidy.

And you never was a thug, why you imitatin’ Pac?
    You was wrong for doin’ that song ‘Tupac Back’
    I seen the video like “where the **** is Tupac at?”
    Then saw your boss, like “nah, Tupac not fat”
    I had Philly on lock before Tupac got clapped
    You know me, a OG in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Think this is my favourite track so far this year.

Enjoying the A$AP Rocky album. Looking forward to Danny Browns new one. Action Bronson x Harry Fraud. Whatever Riff Raff does next. Lots to look forward to 2012 was my favourite year for rap so far to be honest.

Something that I am really looking forward to this year is Mixed Blood Majority.

This is a group that is made up of Lazerbeak (from Doomtree), Cresent Moon (Kill The Vultures, Luna Di Roma, Oddjobs and Joe Horton).

Album is out on the 22nd Jan.

Lazerbeaks production is generally excellent, Cresent Moon is one of my favorite artists, and the bits of Joe Horton i've seen/heard have been great. Any Eyedea fans would probably know his face from being in alot of his freestyle videos along with Kristoff Krane.

Here is a new track featuring another of my favorite rappers Cecil Otter.
    http://soundcloud.com/mixedbloodmajority/free-up-ft-cecil-otter

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Something that I am really looking forward to this year is Mixed Blood Majority.

This is a group that is made up of Lazerbeak (from Doomtree), Cresent Moon (Kill The Vultures, Luna Di Roma, Oddjobs and Joe Horton).

Album is out on the 22nd Jan.

Lazerbeaks production is generally excellent, Cresent Moon is one of my favorite artists, and the bits of Joe Horton i've seen/heard have been great. Any Eyedea fans would probably know his face from being in alot of his freestyle videos along with Kristoff Krane.

Here is a new track featuring another of my favorite rappers Cecil Otter.
    http://soundcloud.com/mixedbloodmajority/free-up-ft-cecil-otter

Looking forward to that.That whole clique are dope. I think I read that No Bird Sing are in the process of making an album. You a fan? Well worth checking out.

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Looking forward to that.That whole clique are dope. I think I read that No Bird Sing are in the process of making an album. You a fan? Well worth checking out.

Yeah I like what I've heard from them. Cresent Moon done something very similar called 'Cresent Moon is in Big Trouble' with a band called Big Trouble. There is a live recording available which is very good....its a notch above No Bird Sing, mainly for how Cresent Moon writes and delivers hos vocals.

Yeah I like what I've heard from them. Cresent Moon done something very similar called 'Cresent Moon is in Big Trouble' with a band called Big Trouble. There is a live recording available which is very good....its a notch above No Bird Sing, mainly for how Cresent Moon writes and delivers hos vocals.

I'll check it out. It's hard to keep track of all the projects these guys do!

A previously unreleased song from The God Emcee, may not be official 2013 but was only released. Too good!!!

new Reks as well.

Dillon Cooper will be releasing a mixtape this year called Cozmik. Dude is real nice, I normally hate when people take such a famous beat and butcher it, but justice is done here.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

Dillon Cooper will be releasing a mixtape this year called Cozmik. Dude is real nice, I normally hate when people take such a famous beat and butcher it, but justice is done here.

He made a Space Jam reference, I'm sold

New track from Saheed. His album, Not For Nothing, is being released on the 29th of this month. Should be very good if this track and his previous effort is anything to go by.

Movement.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I believe Jay-Z is doing the soundtrack for The Great Gatsby, which is coming out next summer.

Apparently this is a cut from Azealia Banks' album due out later in the year.

I believe Jay-Z is doing the soundtrack for The Great Gatsby, which is coming out next summer.

is he doing the whole soundtrack by himself or just producing it? He'll more than likely have a few rock a fella artists on there. If the trailer is anything to go by no church in the wild is on it, so it might consist of some old songs.

im not mad about the film's storyline tbh, doesnt really excite me but id watch anything with di caprio he is a beast of an actor.

gangsta squad and pain and gain with the rock and whalberg are two films im buzzing for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

is he doing the whole soundtrack by himself or just producing it? He'll more than likely have a few rock a fella artists on there. If the trailer is anything to go by no church in the wild is on it, so it might consist of some old songs.

im not mad about the film's storyline tbh, doesnt really excite me but id watch anything with di caprio he is a beast of an actor.

gangsta squad and pain and gain with the rock and whalberg are two films im buzzing for.

He has been recruited to "score" the soundtrack. Not sure whether that means songs with lyrics or simply beats or both.

The Great Gatsby is my favourite novel, and the film looks absolutely horrible to me. Completely inappropriate music, Di Caprio about 20 years too old for the role, and it looks camp as fcuk. All wrong.

My understanding is that Jay is to perform the soundtrack in the same vein as American Gangster.

He is involved in the score (not writing/recording) of another movie.

Big K.R.I.T. is releasing his next mixtape soon.

The dude is a non-stop worker. I love it.

His next one is going to be called K.R.I.T. (King Remembered in Time). Pretty simple. Should be great.

The remix of 'Pink Matter' has been released. Big Boi recorded his verse during the week.

I like it.

• Advertisement

A few little freestyles from Emcee Jermaine over classic beats.
    Emcee Jermaine of Trenton, NJ releases his "Gone in 60 Seconds" video freestyle project. The three-part series features Emcee Jermaine rhyming over class hip-hop beats from Eric B and Rakim and the Beastie Boys, proving his lyrical ability in one-minute freestyles. Click the Links below to view!

Joey Bada$$ and DJ Premier.

Very nice apart from the 'Green Label' shout outs.

Two new tracks from Talib Kweli.

His album is being released some time in April.

The remix of 'Pink Matter' has been released. Big Boi recorded his verse during the week.

I like it.

Andrê has responded to it:
    "It's important for me to be clear about the origins of my contributions to 'Pink Matter' and 'Sorry.'
    I was approached as a solo artist by both Frank Ocean & Tip. I discussed musical direction with each artist and completed my verses. It was after that when Big Boi's name came up.
    I never want to mislead our audience - I worried that some would think these were Outkast collaborations. These songs are not Outkast collaborations. I discussed this rationale with Big, Frank and T.I. and everyone agreed. That is why I was surprised to read about these remixes.
    I understand that anyone can put out an unofficial remix to any song but I have an obligation to be honest with fans about what this is … and what it isn't."

• Advertisement

Anyone get that new Wax album? Honestly didn't like it on the first listen, thought it was a bit too poppy (and the news of my seemingly impending redundancy probably had me in the wrong state of mind) but after a few listens on my day off and in my car, which is the real test, I'm loving it. I feel that it coulda done without the "She Used To Be Mine" and "Outta My mind" tracks though. Not a bad start to the year musically!

I was just discussing Wax with my homie The Expert yesterday, and we really have lost interest in Wax. He's gone waaaayyy to corny, every song has a corny tale and his video's are getting a bit cheesey (although with a nice piece of tail in them).

I was excited about the album, but as I've listed to songs from it, I've just been put off. I will get around to it, but not a priority for me now.

In other 2013 news, a new video from Saheed, this is dope.

Thats sweet man, his flow is sick!

Thats sweet man, his flow is sick!

He has a free EP from a year or so ago called Take Heed Saheed. Highly recommended.

He has a free EP from a year or so ago called Take Heed Saheed. Highly recommended.

Downloading as we speak, sound man!

Downloading as we speak, sound man!

You're blessed. That's an absolutely fantastic output. Would love to be hearing it for the first time again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Fat Joe is notable for having one of the worst songs of 2012.

It's hard to pay for a Juicy J feature and still not render a tune listenable.

Fat Joe's been up to nothing since Big Pun died!

New Raekwon, wish he would of used that beat in the intro, hopefully its on the ep.

edit: found the mixtape here http://www.audiomack.com/album/mixfeed/raekwon-lost-jewelry-ep-2013 , not really my cup of tea, and that beat isnt on it, anyone know where its from?

Chamillionaire is releasing a new EP, Elevate, on the 12th of February.

This is brilliant news. The one that he put out last year was very, very good, and impressed a few people on here.
    This will be one of multiple EP's that I will do leading up to the release of my POISON album. Each EP will be different from the last one and none of them will be a part of any continuing series.

I'm on his mailing list and I got an email today with a bit more information on it:
    I like EPs because they have real songs on them, they aren't long enough to be mistaken for a real album, and they aren't as simple as a one - song release. I could easily release one every month if I wanted to but it really just depends on how this plan goes. I would probably make most of them around 7 songs at the most. I definitely could do something like that without sacrificing the quality of the album. I would actually use each one of these releases to promote the album. Every one.
    The truth is I have already recorded enough for an album but I'm still working on new ideas. This means I'M NOT FINISHED. I'm still trying to perfect the music, the plan, and still trying to put a few pieces of the puzzle together. That takes time.

And then he finishes off with a little bit of info. about the cost and risks he took when releasing his first two albums:
    I don't know if you realized this but I spent a couple hundred thousand out of my own pocket to record the Ultimate Victory album. I kept the expenses as low as I could. I did it out of my own pocket and then the label paid me back when I turned it in to them. I probably saved over $500,000 dollars doing it that way. It was tough but it taught me a lot. I wont even tell you what I spent making The Sound of Revenge album, but its fair to say I would still be paying off that debt if that album wouldn't have sold like it did. This new album? It deserves the best. Not because I said so but because it will actually be worth it. Its the only way that makes business sense for me. I don't know how much it costs someone to press up 50,000 CDs for All Star Weekend, but I can promise it costs a lot more than that to create what I'm creating. If you can read between the lines you will see what I'm getting at here. Business makes the world go round people. Its a tough job but somebody has to do it.

I'm looking forward to hearing more from him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement