Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hip-Hop 2013

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MC Eiht - Keep It Hood EP

I listened to it this morning and wasn't that impressed with it.
    The beats are way to lightweight for Eiht, not enough stonk in them.
    And his lyrics sound rehashed, with nothing new or much creativity to them. You could basically take any verse on the EP, drop it into another song on the EP and you probably wouldn't notice a difference.

Hopefully the upcoming record with Premo will offer some more that this. But as I mentioned before, this EP is just a rush job to jump on the new audience base that he would have acquired off the back of his feature on Good Kid M.a.a.d. City.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I mentioned a guy called Alexander Spit earlier in the thread, he's releasing an album called 'A Breathtaking Trip To That Otherside' at the end of the month. The first couple of songs I heard are great.
    He has released a short movie, the soundtrack is snippets of 5 or 6 songs from the album, and it sounds impressive.

Video is a bit NSFW, as his last his first single/video from the album is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

See theres an updat on MC Eihts new album boom bap, premo's doing 5 tracks off the album, Mc Eihts also reuniting with Comptons Most Wanted for one of them.

http://www.djpremierblog.com/2013/01/18/comptons-most-wanted-reunite-on-dj-premier-produced-track-last-ones-left/

Also MOP's next album fully produced by premo!

More of this please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

New album from Ras Kass that dropped out of nowhere

http://raskass.bandcamp.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Fat Joe is notable for having one of the worst songs of 2012.

It's hard to pay for a Juicy J feature and still not render a tune listenable.

The first dark side album was decent. Iv never been a huge fan just bits here and there down through the years like lean back.

Think it was boom bap that put me on to his earlier stuff like s*it is real etc about 2 years ago now.

I really must get into this mc eiht fella, loved his verse on gkmc felt he made the song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I really must get into this mc eiht fella, loved his verse on gkmc felt he made the song.

Have not listened to the new EP yet, but I bought it despite reviews just off the weight of his other work.

He is not going to make you think, but it is just some solid good music. You will love it especially if you like WC hip-hop at all. D'yeah.

Listen to Comptons Most wanted, the group he was in, i'd say you'd recognise a few of there songs if you heard them.

Probably his/their two most popular songs

Everyone should listen to all the Comptons Most Wanted albums....and should know them inside out and front to back.
    They may not hold the same weight for people just picking up on Eiht now, but they were part of my upbringing and have alot of nostalgia.
    For example when watching Menace II Society and realising that Eiht was playing A-Wax, and then hearing his track on the soundtrack. Little things like that will stick with me forever.

I've also listened to Raekwons Lost Jewlry EP and not that impressed. It's the normal thing for Rae when he strays from the Wu, the beats just dont match up to his style, with the exception of 1 or 2.

Nice collaboration!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Have to wonder why he was booked to perform in the first place. Good lad though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Have to wonder why he was booked to perform in the first place. Good lad though!

Whoever booked him should be sacked. Of all the artists they could have gotten they had to get the one who has called Obama a 'terrorist' in the past. Absolute fools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Koncept is in the studio working on his second album at the moment. This is brilliant news. His debut was one of the highlights of last year.

What was the name of that album again? I remember hearing one or two songs but can't remember the name.

EDIT: And where can I get Saheed material?

What was the name of that album again? I remember hearing one or two songs but can't remember the name.

I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I don't think he has actually released the title.

He's releasing an EP called Malt Disney on the 26th of February.

One of the tunes off of it has Reks on it.

EDIT: And where can I get Saheed material?

You can get it here for free. Well worth a listen. It's seriously good.

If you're talking about his album from last year, it's called Awaken. You can listen to it on his bandcamp page:
    http://konceptbbas.bandcamp.com/album/awaken

You may have seen me banging on about the new Esoteric & Inspectah Deck album coming out. Well heres the latest track featuring Action Bronson

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    If you're talking about his album from last year, it's called Awaken. You can listen to it on his bandcamp page:
    http://konceptbbas.bandcamp.com/album/awaken

Ah ha. In my haste I seem to have misread the question. Follow Boom Bap's advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

New album from Ras Kass that dropped out of nowhere

http://raskass.bandcamp.com/

I had a listen to it earlier and it's actually not that bad, although it's nothing really different, but Rass Kass has a decent flow and some of the beats are quite decent.

That Barmageddon album was been advertised alot last year.

I'm listening to the Mixed Blood Majority album at the moment. Quality so far.

http://ftoitox.bandcamp.com/album/mixed-blood-majority-2

That Barmageddon album was been advertised alot last year.

I'm listening to the Mixed Blood Majority album at the moment. Quality so far.

http://ftoitox.bandcamp.com/album/mixed-blood-majority-2

Ordered the Mixed Blood Majority bundle from their website. Hope it comes soon, dying to hear it! Good to hear that you think its good.

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Ordered the Mixed Blood Majority bundle from their website. Hope it comes soon, dying to hear it! Good to hear that you think its good.

I've listened to it 2 or 3 times today, which is something I rarely do with a new album. It's exactly what you expect from the trio involved.

• Advertisement

Uptown XO released an album today called 'Colour De Grey'

I like this alot, not his best work, but a good listen with the exception of the intro and outro which drag.

I would have also liked to see some sprinklings of Oddisee or yU on the album.

There is a stream here:

http://www.djbooth.net/index/albums/review/uptown-xo-colour-de-grey

Mentioned this album already on the thread, it's out now and there is a stream for anyone that is interested:

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2013/01/29/alexander-spit-a-breathtaking-trip-to-that-otherside-album-stream/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+2dopeboyz+(2dopeboyz)

I've listened to it once and on the second go around now. I really like this. I even think that it was all produced by A.Spit himself.

It's also worth listening to to hear E-40 and Mr MFN eXquire on the same track. There's a combo i never expected to hear.

looking forward to hearing the full version of this with kendrick, very nice vibe to it.

I've listened to it 2 or 3 times today, which is something I rarely do with a new album. It's exactly what you expect from the trio involved.

Royal bloody Mail wont give me it until I go down to their sorting office and give them £11 customs charge the robbing bastards. I finally get a saturday off and I have to do that. I hate the place, always busy, takes ages and theres more atmosphere in a morgue!

Big Boi Says Outkast Is "Discussing Some Things" For 20th Anniversary

Would love for this to happen.
    "We been kind of discussing some things. Once we map it out, we'll make an announcement. But we'll see," he said. "It's 20 years, man. We started out at 15, 16 years old. We made our first album when we were 17 years old. Twenty-five million records later, seven Grammys, I feel great."

Responding to Big Boy's claims that the public is itching for a reunion, the Atlanta, Georgia rapper said, "I definitely want to see it too. We gon' see. Mum's the word right now, but we gon' see."

"We been making music so long together that our catalog really speaks for itself," he said. "So if you want to branch out and do other stuff and catch different vibes, that's cool. But it's bigger than music. I just think of him as a serial killer, because everything he get on is sharp or whatever. When he do these records, he'll come and be like, 'Hey man, I'ma play something for you.' He'll come to my house and I'll hear the stuff before it comes out."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

looking forward to hearing the full version of this with kendrick, very nice vibe to it.

Good to hear something decent from 50. Is this for an album or mixtape or something?

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Good to hear something decent from 50. Is this for an album or mixtape or something?

Suppossed to be From Street King Immortal, and also appearing on Kidd Kids album as well

A year later Emcee Jermaine is going to be releasing a new single. I'm not sure what it's from yet.
    Emcee Jermaine ‏@EmceeJermaine
    See my avi?? That's my new single, "Witness" dropping Feb. 11 on #ThroatChopMusic #GetFamiliar

0fc1b065799c64f598f0b73af4113c67.png?1359730481

Saheed & Numonics - Not for Nothing

Album stream and download is here -> http://www.djbooth.net/index/albums/review/saheed-numonics-not-for-nothing

Excellent. My afternoon is sorted with that download now.

• Advertisement

Excellent. My afternoon is sorted with that download now.

If you want to further enhance your afternoon/evening, check out the Alexander Spit album a few posts up, i've been listening to it non stop.
    It's ridiculously good.

If you want to further enhance your afternoon/evening, check out the Alexander Spit album a few posts up, i've been listening to it non stop.
    It's ridiculously good.

Just loading it up now. I'm expecting some good stuff now. You've built it up a lot :P.

I'm only 4 tracks into the Saheed album and I love it. I think the production is lovely.

New Instrumental album from GI, stream here:

http://giofficial.bandcamp.com/album/black-tuna

The beats are incredible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Drake's new single is good
    a bit short though

Didn't like it on first listen but coming around to it. Expect to see a mega-mix because every rapper with a mic is hopping on it now.

im not sure if this is off his album or on his artist kidd kidd's new mixtape. His two singles from the album have been decent imo any day and my life and he dropped the usual street single next too them last week.

rick ross's artist gunplay had his chain snatched at the bet awards during the fight, its in the video :D.

this is not bad when you take it for what it is, gets me buzzing for the gym anyway.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Adam Levine, Young Jeezy, Kendrick Lamar, Alicia Keys, Kidd Kidd...50's calling in a lot of favors.

This album is gonna be off the hook!

"The bitch worshipped my nuts, I guess she's sack religious"

"My instruments hollow out pianos and leave every organ empty"

• Advertisement

Thats sick man, beat is class, love the big pun sample!

Celph Titled is a monster! I can't wait til he drops The Fresh Prince of Hell's Lair.

Raekwon wrote: »
    Celph Titled is a monster! I can't wait til he drops The Fresh Prince of Hell's Lair.

He's class! You ever check out the album he done with buckwild, Nineteen Ninety Now, its sick.

Just after watching an interview with Freddie Gibbs.

He talks about his record with Madlib. It's going to be called Cocaine Piñata. I wonder what the subject content is going to be :pac:.

He also talks a bit about his past experience with the po-po. I think it's safe to say that he doesn't have much time for them.

New Doppelgagaz, if you haven't heard of these before, you should check them out, their past stuff is even better than this, they're class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

new 50 Cent

not too bad

• Advertisement

So last week this group I have been keeping an eye on, The Underachievers, dropped their first mixtape 'Indigoism'. And I am really really enjoying it. They are a talented group of young rappers, beat selection is excellent and they have a very likeable "Beast Coast" style.

This is the first track I heard off the tape a while back that got my attention:

And these are a few tracks I'm loving off the tape:

If you're looking for some new music I highly reccommend giving their mixtape a spin, download here:
    http://www.datpiff.com/The-Underachievers-Indigoism-mixtape.449545.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

wadacrack wrote: »

Excellent, just heard the 'Slow, Loud and Banging' track. Class tune!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement