Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps3 prob

Options
  • 01-01-2013 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭

Hey,

"Mods"I'm not sure if this is in the right place for this type of thread'

My son got a ps3 for Christmas and he was using the wireless control,he plugged the controller into the unit to charge it and jumped back in the chair and forgot the chair was to far away for the lenth of cord that is on the controller and the ps3 hit the floor,it has been stuck in restor for last 2hours and is not gone pass 46% restored in that time,it got to 43% fast and then slowed down,is there anything he can do to reboot it ? I don't know anything about this type of stuff myself so any help advice would be great,

Cheers zip,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

if it hit the floor, you could of damaged the hardware, why don't you try returning it back to the shop you got it from, just say it was faulty when you got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Zippe

Hey,

Going to bring it back tomorrow and see what they say,

Cheers zip,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Zippe wrote: »
    Hey,

"Mods"I'm not sure if this is in the right place for this type of thread'

My son got a ps3 for Christmas and he was using the wireless control,he plugged the controller into the unit to charge it and jumped back in the chair and forgot the chair was to far away for the lenth of cord that is on the controller and the ps3 hit the floor,it has been stuck in restor for last 2hours and is not gone pass 46% restored in that time,it got to 43% fast and then slowed down,is there anything he can do to reboot it ? I don't know anything about this type of stuff myself so any help advice would be great,

Cheers zip,

It does say that the restore could take a few hours.Mine is the same if.If the power goes and I have to reboot it, it will fly up to around 40 or 50 percent and then go slowly the rest of the way. Leave it restore overnight and if it doesn't work then try out some other options.

Chavways wrote: »
    It does say that the restore could take a few hours.Mine is the same if.If the power goes and I have to reboot it, it will fly up to around 40 or 50 percent and then go slowly the rest of the way. Leave it restore overnight and if it doesn't work then try out some other options.

Hey,

Cheers,I have it left on now so I'll see how it goes by the morning,it shot up to 46% and sits there,the yellow light stays on the power light also stays on, this is something I know nothing about,

Cheers for the help,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Zippe wrote: »
    Hey,

Cheers,I have it left on now so I'll see how it goes by the morning,it shot up to 46% and sits there,the yellow light stays on the power light also stays on, this is something I know nothing about,

Cheers for the help,

Is it an old model PS3 or a PS3 slim? If there's a yellow light on where it should be green, there's most likely a hardware problem.

Chavways wrote: »
    Is it an old model PS3 or a PS3 slim? If there's a yellow light on where it should be green, there's most likely a hardware problem.

I just had a look at it there now,the screen on the tv is gone blank and yellow light is gone off and power light is gone green,

Cheers

Advertisement