Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goals for 2013?

Options
  • 01-01-2013 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

It's a beautiful day to start the year off, hopefully it's a sign of lots of good weather to come. Seeing as it's the 1st of January, what are your goals for you and your riding/horses in the coming year?

For me it's get fitter and get back out competing and to help promote the sport of trec more.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Got smathered today, so my main goal is to stay in the saddle!!I am going to try to do some jumping this year, I don't mean sjai stuff, just small jumps at home.My balance is compromised so it will take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I want to get fitter, be more confident in the saddle and do some hunt runs next autumn and maybe beach rides.

My mare's resolutions are to get fitter and stop being so dramatic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Get fitter and build my confidence back up slowly, and do a few jumps in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Kens

My main goal is to get my confidence levels up & get back jumping, mini goals organise my over the hills beach trip, lose that final bit of weight & up my fitness & spend less time on stuff that doesn't matter :0)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Big 2013 goal for older rider in our family is the Young Rider 5/6/7 year old RDS qualifiers in May/ June. Need 30 points up by end of April though and only 11 so far.

Younger kid - various pony club goals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Melinka

Two goals at the moment.

-get my horse (and me) comfortable out hacking on the road on our own. Particularly, make it down to a lovely bog trail about 1 1/2 miles from me where I can ride in peace not worried about cars.

-organise some transportation so that I can take him out and about from time to time. I have a borrowed box at the moment that I am getting him used to loading in and out of so that when the time comes we'll be ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Registering for eventing Ireland with my 4 year old, and maybe a bit of dressage with my older girl!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

One goal, and it's so simple but it's killing me:

Sit up taller in the saddle, stop tipping, and get my legs back under me!
    Riding youngsters is a killer for making me tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Get out doing some Combined training & dressage . Also do some newcomer classes on the SJAI circuit, lots of beach rides!
    Showing in the summer & hopefully make it to the RDS:)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭ailbheg

I want to get fitter, I've started going for a run a couple of days a week, want to find something else to do that doesn't take too much time/money.

Horse-wise, I want to compete at level 3 trec, and if pony if fit enough get him back out jumping.

I'll hopefully go on a few road trips during the summer, and get involved more in the organisation side of trec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Heydeldel

I would love to try my hand at some showjumping and dressage. I've never had the opportunity to compete and finally have something I can take out. I've been schooling at home and working really hard on it so dying to get out and about.

I also hope to get a job so I don't have to give back my loan horse. :(

This recession has got to end soon right??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Id like to live in the same country as my horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 starpixie72

gain more confidence and better seat

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Melinka

Well, I've just changed my goals. I was going to work on getting my boy to hack out on his own but I've decided that I am going to bring him back to livery for the next four months. I'll miss him being up here at home but I have no real options to ride him here until things dry out and he badly needs to be worked.

So now my new goal is to ride and school at least twice down a week and get us both back into shape. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Big 2013 goal for older rider in our family is the Young Rider 5/6/7 year old RDS qualifiers in May/ June. Need 30 points up by end of April though and only 11 so far.

Younger kid - various pony club goals

Bump thread///

Well, got the old 30 points by the end of April there by the skin of our teeth :eek:

Swerving the first qualifier at Cavan tomorrow tho' - 91 entries chasing 4 RDS places!!

How are other people's goals coming along?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 User2611

Take two ponies out a lot over the summer, get a lot of experience and sell them in time for the hunting season! :)

Advertisement