Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspension

Options
  • 01-01-2013 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone here taken part in a suspension? Something I'm planning on doing in a couple of years(for my 30th). In've done lots of research and I've found the piercer to do it but I'd like to be able to talk to someone that has actually done one. No trolls or time wasters, if ya don't like it then go somewhere else please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I've not done it myself. But give them a shout: https://www.facebook.com/pmpsuspension?fref=ts

They do suspension days every so often. And Kay is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Adiboo wrote: »
    I've not done it myself. But give them a shout: https://www.facebook.com/pmpsuspension?fref=ts

They do suspension days every so often. And Kay is lovely.
    Thanx for the advice, still gots lots of time before i do it. Just wanna try soak up as much knowledge as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah don't think I've seen anybody who posts on here say anything about having done it, or really expressing much interest in it at all. I'd just get in contact with some of the people through facebook who do it regularly, I'm sure most of them will be happy to help/point you in the righ direction.

Yeah don't think I've seen anybody who posts on here say anything about having done it, or really expressing much interest in it at all. I'd just get in contact with some of the people through facebook who do it regularly, I'm sure most of them will be happy to help/point you in the righ direction.
    I don't have anything to do with Facebook unfortunately, but I've been in to see Patric from Iconic-art who, from what I've heard, is one of the best guys in Ireland to talk to about it. I'm in Zulu Tattoo fairly regularly, and since they share the shop space, I'll easily be able to stay in contact with Patric. Cheers for the input

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I don't have anything to do with Facebook unfortunately, but I've been in to see Patric from Iconic-art who, from what I've heard, is one of the best guys in Ireland to talk to about it. I'm in Zulu Tattoo fairly regularly, and since they share the shop space, I'll easily be able to stay in contact with Patric. Cheers for the input

Patric does a lot of Kay's suspensions. He'll get you in touch with her no problem.

• Advertisement

Patric does a lot of Kay's suspensions. He'll get you in touch with her no problem.
    At least I'm doing something right then. I'd love to get the opportunity to watch one being done. I'm hoping to have Patric pierce me with the hooks a few times between now and my 30th, just so I know what to expect with the pain and healing etc. I'm fairly heavily tattooed, but very limited experience being pierced. Thanx Dave

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭piercingdanny

I did my first about 7 months ago now. A great experience and I'm planning my second allready !!!

I did my first about 7 months ago now. A great experience and I'm planning my second allready !!!
    Sweet, how did you find the piercing part? Being a piercer yourself i assume you've got a fair few. Was it comparable to any of your previous piercings? I know the size is different, but pain wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

No bother. Honestly, I dunno why people do it! :D Tattoos, yeah. Hanging off your skin!? No thanks! haha :p

No bother. Honestly, I dunno why people do it! :D Tattoos, yeah. Hanging off your skin!? No thanks! haha :p
    I just tell myself that in the long term, it's cheaper than therapy. Missus is less than enthusiastic though, ha

• Advertisement

The pain was more or less no different than a cartilage piercing. Nasty but quick !!! It all depends on what position your going to suspend in. I did 4 hooks. 2 in each shoulder. The piercings did feel like they got progressively worse but to be honest it was fine. Definately bearable. As for the pain when your weight is in the air all I can say is that I'd rather be suspended than tattooed anyday !!!
    I didn't go to Kay or Patric as mentioned above but I know both of their work and you will be in very good hands there. Go for it. I know a lot of people don't understand the want to do it but then again there are countless people out there that can't understand the urge to have ink shovelled under your skin !!!!

The pain was more or less no different than a cartilage piercing. Nasty but quick !!! It all depends on what position your going to suspend in. I did 4 hooks. 2 in each shoulder. The piercings did feel like they got progressively worse but to be honest it was fine. Definately bearable. As for the pain when your weight is in the air all I can say is that I'd rather be suspended than tattooed anyday !!!
    I didn't go to Kay or Patric as mentioned above but I know both of their work and you will be in very good hands there. Go for it. I know a lot of people don't understand the want to do it but then again there are countless people out there that can't understand the urge to have ink shovelled under your skin !!!!
    Only piercings I've had are the web under my tongue(whole thing fell out during my dinner) both nipples were stretched up to 2.4mm(worst pain I've ever gone through) and my septum which is up to 5mm now. Septum is the only one i still have. I hope to have Patric pierce me with the same gauge as the hooks a good few times before i do it,just wanna get some sense of the pain and how to cope etc. I'm so used to getting tattooed i know it'll be a shock for my body. Hope to witness a suspension as well, really wanna get as much experience and knowledge as i can in the next 2 years. I was planning on doing it superman style, heard it's the easiest for first timers. Thanx for the info Danny

No worries man. The Superman is the next one I'll do I'd say. I got some cramping in my lower back towards the end. You'll enjoy it !!!

No worries man. The Superman is the next one I'll do I'd say. I got some cramping in my lower back towards the end. You'll enjoy it !!!
    Sorry about the delay Danny, but what about healing? Any obvious marks or scars afterwards? Any difficulty with the wounds themselves? Thanx again

Very slight dents left in the skin. I can't see them but can kinda feel them if I run a finger over them. I was absolutely delighted with the healing. There was no bleeding after the burping and I just had to keep them clean. It was sooooo easy. I had very little to no stiffness at all afterwards. Slight bruising on the piercings but that was about it really. I had prepared for the worst and expected to be in agony for day's so I really was delighted with how it all went !!!!

Very slight dents left in the skin. I can't see them but can kinda feel them if I run a finger over them. I was absolutely delighted with the healing. There was no bleeding after the burping and I just had to keep them clean. It was sooooo easy. I had very little to no stiffness at all afterwards. Slight bruising on the piercings but that was about it really. I had prepared for the worst and expected to be in agony for day's so I really was delighted with how it all went !!!!
    Good to hear, i really don't wanna ruin my back piece or have to get it touched up again. Thanx again for all the info, think I'll take the week off work just to be sure

You might loose a tiny amount of ink if the piercing sites are right on top of the tattoo but it'll be a tiny amount. Barely visible. You should try a flesh pull first maybe to get an idea of the feeling and the healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BidillyBo

Just wondering what do you get out of it is it just the thrill of it or is it a feeling or adrenalin rush when your hanging there?

Yeah the adrenalin rush was a part of it but another part was just doing something completely out of my comfort zone. A 'test of one's character' so to speak. It's something I had wanted to do for 18 years and it was time to either do it or quit talking about it ! There's a great sense of accomplishment once you've done it and got through it.

You might loose a tiny amount of ink if the piercing sites are right on top of the tattoo but it'll be a tiny amount. Barely visible. You should try a flesh pull first maybe to get an idea of the feeling and the healing.
    That's actually a great idea, a test run of sorts. Thanx so much for all the great info and advice Danny, I'll keep ya informed of my progress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭murfinho

I must lead a very sheltered life, never heard of this till i read the forum and checked it out.

good luck and maybe some pics?

murfinho wrote: »
    I must lead a very sheltered life, never heard of this till i read the forum and checked it out.

good luck and maybe some pics?
    Yeah I'll definitely put up some pics. Original plan is for my 30th in just over 2 years.......i suspect I'll be moving the date forward though, ha. Been put at ease with Dannys first hand account and info, just gotta see how i cope with the practise piercings and whatnot. Really looking forward to it now

No worries man. I had more or less the exact same questions before I did it myself. You should have a lot of fun !!!
    Here's a link to the photo's taken when I did mine. I think the photo's come up in reverse order but you'll get the idea. Enjoy !!!

http://s939.beta.photobucket.com/user/dannymods1982/library/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

You could contact G's Tattoos and AWOL in Galway: they've done a few suspensions in the last year, my brother is one of them and did his first during the summer, pierced through upper back/shoulders..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonzo_k

Yeah I'll definitely put up some pics. Original plan is for my 30th in just over 2 years.......i suspect I'll be moving the date forward though, ha. Been put at ease with Dannys first hand account and info, just gotta see how i cope with the practise piercings and whatnot. Really looking forward to it now

OP - Have you decided on a person to do this yet ? I am considering getting this done as 40th birthday present to myself ( which is in a few months ).

bonzo_k wrote: »
    OP - Have you decided on a person to do this yet ? I am considering getting this done as 40th birthday present to myself ( which is in a few months ).
    Yeah I'm talking with Patric Aultice from Iconic Art. He shares shop space with Zulu Tattoo on Strand Street. Can't recommend him enough, easy to talk to and just so happens to be very very experienced with suspensions. I've a few contact details for you to help: <snip> and if you're on Facebook then look up pmp suspensions(thanx Adiboo)

@LadyMayBelle I'm in Dublin and I've already found the guy to do it. Thanx though, greatly appreciate the help

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah I'm talking with Patric Aultice from Iconic Art. He shares shop space with Zulu Tattoo on Strand Street. Can't recommend him enough, easy to talk to and just so happens to be very very experienced with suspensions. I've a few contact details for you to help: <snip> and if you're on Facebook then look up pmp suspensions(thanx Adiboo)

I've removed the email address from your post, best not to post email addresses in the forum like that.

I've removed the email address from your post, best not to post email addresses in the forum like that.
    Ok, no problem. I'll pm

• Advertisement
Advertisement