Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't see Wireless Network (UPC)

Options
  • 01-01-2013 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭

HOpefully this is the right place.

just got the other half a new MP3 player (creative zen touch 2) and I can't find a way to connect it to the wireless - it can't see the network (UPC modem - Cisco EPC2425). I can see one other UPC wireless network in the apartment complex, and a couple of other networks (including when I set my phone up as a wireless hotspot).

Could it be the modem is broadcasting on a range the MP3 player can not see? It is a replacement modem, so not the standard one UPC send out (replaced by UPC themselves).

Any ideas as to why I can see the network (I can with all other devices) with the MP3 player, or what I could do to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

Check to see if the Wireless SSID is being transmitted or hidden by the UPC router

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think it is being broadcast - I chose to forget the network on iPad and phone, and was able to reconnect without issue. Also, I tried manually entering the network name and password but it simply says that the network is out of range.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

OK
    there is a troubleshooting thingy here which might be of some assistance
    http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=42213

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Sorry for the bump but did anyone find a solution to this. I have the same issue with the zen touch 2.
    I can see my network (ssid) but it always says out of range while my neighbour's networks show up just fine.
    What I found that works is too restart the router as I had the same problem with my xbox. If I turn on the device first then the router it is fine but if the router is already on before the device I have the problem.
    Any ideas?

haven't found a solution to it myself. irritating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

haven't found a solution to it myself. irritating.

The zen can see the wireless broadcast from the UPC but won't connect? Have you tried disabling the security as a test and see if it connects?

The zen can see the wireless broadcast from the UPC but won't connect? Have you tried disabling the security as a test and see if it connects?

For me it can't see the wireless network at all - it can see other UPC networks in the building, but not my one. Everything else I have connects to it no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

For me it can't see the wireless network at all - it can see other UPC networks in the building, but not my one. Everything else I have connects to it no problem.

Ah ok that is a strange. I'm sure you have tried everything but what about changing the wireless broadcast channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Could it be that your router is set to a channel above 11? In the EU channels 1-13 are valid, whereas some US centric devices will only detect 1-11.

Advertisement