Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Name Change and Passport

• 01-01-2013 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭

I was just wondering does anyone know what the procedure is if you've recently changed your name, have a passport going out of date (that was in your previous name) and need to apply for a new one.

I wish to change my surname (I've looked into how to go about this already so that's fine) but I'd like my new surname on my passport if possible.

Anyone have any insight into this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Surely, it's a case of supplying the relevant paperwork, (evidence of old name/ evidence of new name) to the passport office and applying for the passport?

Did you check with the passport office to see what's required?

• Site Banned Posts: 28 Judge Weiner

Passport office will want evidence of 2 years of usage of the new name.

Think it depends on the circumstances of the change, doesn't it? e.g if you marry, produce your marriage cert and ask for the passport to be issued in your new name, then the 2 years usage rule wouldn't apply, IMO.

With a deed poll change, then yes. I would assume that more proof you've been using the name for some time would be in order.

• Site Banned Posts: 28 Judge Weiner

It is a standard across the board requirement now.

It is a standard across the board requirement now.

Even in the case of marriage/civil partnership? Do you have a link, please??

• Advertisement
Advertisement