Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops Open on New Year's Day

Options
  • 01-01-2013 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Just wondering if any of the bigger grocery stores like Tesco or Dunnes would be open today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Tesco is open till 7 or 8 I think

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Dunnes westside was open until 7pm I believe but it'll be closed now.

Aldi westside was closed all day. Bit silly IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dunnes westside was open until 7pm I believe but it'll be closed now.
    Aldi westside was closed all day. Bit silly IMO.
    Oh why is it silly? There are only 3/4 days in the year that Aldi closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

If there are staff willing to work the day, and it is profitable for the shop to be open on that day, then it really should be.

While walking past I saw a handful of cars drive up and then turn around disappointed that it was closed, as well as about 3 pedestrians doing the same.

I don't like the idea of shops closing because of religious holidays I dont follow, and I know NYD isn't, but it was a normal day for me and I had to do normal things. Not everyone gets to go out drinking and sleep all day on NYD.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You can write to Aldi and inform them that they are silly for not opening on 1 January. Let us know what their response is

• Advertisement
Advertisement