Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why can't I get the Angry Birds App to work ? HELP !!!!!!!!!!

• 01-01-2013 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I bought my daughter a Prestigio Multipad PMP3370B for Christmas.

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/prestigio-pmp3370b-7-inch-tablet-pc-with-2-year-warranty/1157088003.prd?browseToken=%2fq%2fprestigio

She downloaded one of the Angry Bird apps from the Google Store but it wouldn’t open / play even though the Google Store is telling her that the app is compatible with her device ? ? ?

I had a look at the tablet for her & it is definitely installed, Angry Bird icon on the home screen & everything but the game just won’t play. Every time you hit the icon the screen goes blank for approx. five seconds & it looks as if the app is going to open up but then it just returns to the home screen. We have uninstalled & re-installed the app several times but no luck, the problem remains. I have even done a full re-set of the Multipad returning it to its factory settings but still no joy.

The strange thing is that all other apps my daughter has downloaded work perfectly.

Any help or suggestions you could make would be very much appreciated as typically like so many other children the Angry Birds app was the one she wanted more than anything else & with it not working she is very disappointed.

Thanks,

The Tech Specs are :

G-sensor CPU ARM Cortex-A8 1GHz
    OS Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
    Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n.
    512Mb DDR3 RAM memory.
    NAND flash 4GB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Why don't you try a different version of angry birds... angry birds seasons, angry birds space etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

side load (if possible) an older version of Angry Birds?

Although AFAIK the only way to get an older version would be download it from a (technically) illegal source?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 K2theB03

Hi Guys & thanks for your suggestions. Tried several other versions of the Angry Bird app but still no luck but after a lot of searching found an older version of the Angry Birds app ( approx. 1 year old ) & carried out a side load. Now working perfectly & daughter much much happier. Thanks again for all your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

K2theB03 wrote: »
    Hi Guys & thanks for your suggestions. Tried several other versions of the Angry Bird app but still no luck but after a lot of searching found an older version of the Angry Birds app ( approx. 1 year old ) & carried out a side load. Now working perfectly & daughter much much happier. Thanks again for all your help.

Glad you got it working!

Advertisement