Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple TV + MLB

• 01-01-2013 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a question for anyone with Apple TV. I have bought a new flatscreen tv in anticipation of the new baseball season this year. I've been an MLB.tv premium subscriber for a few years now but just watch on my laptop. My idea was that I'd now hook my laptop up to the tv and stream it that way.

However, any ad I've seen for Apple TV seems to show the MLB icon and from what I understand, if you are an MLB subscriber you can use your Apple TV to stream games right from the box. I'm thinking that this will be a better quality way of watching games this year.

Can anybody confirm to me that this facility to stream live MLB games in HD exists through Apple TV? Is this the best way of going about watching games this year do you reckon? Does that icon really exist? My fear is that it's just a USA feature or something!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Can't help you I'm afraid, but I'd also be very interested in finding out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

8-10 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have a question for anyone with Apple TV. I have bought a new flatscreen tv in anticipation of the new baseball season this year. I've been an MLB.tv premium subscriber for a few years now but just watch on my laptop. My idea was that I'd now hook my laptop up to the tv and stream it that way.

However, any ad I've seen for Apple TV seems to show the MLB icon and from what I understand, if you are an MLB subscriber you can use your Apple TV to stream games right from the box. I'm thinking that this will be a better quality way of watching games this year.

Can anybody confirm to me that this facility to stream live MLB games in HD exists through Apple TV? Is this the best way of going about watching games this year do you reckon? Does that icon really exist? My fear is that it's just a USA feature or something!

The MLB.tv subscription/Apple Tv combination is brilliant. I had it for the first year last season and it was great. I was like you, used to watch it on my computer but having it on the big screen without having to hook up wires etc. makes it so easy. The quality will of course depend on your internet connection and occasionally it does get a bit blurry but for the most part the quality is good.

EDIT - Although I don't subscribe to either, it also works for NBA and NHL as well and both of these do have a bit of free content (highlights etc.) although the NHL doesn't at the moment obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

The MLB.tv subscription/Apple Tv combination is brilliant. I had it for the first year last season and it was great. I was like you, used to watch it on my computer but having it on the big screen without having to hook up wires etc. makes it so easy. The quality will of course depend on your internet connection and occasionally it does get a bit blurry but for the most part the quality is good.

EDIT - Although I don't subscribe to either, it also works for NBA and NHL as well and both of these do have a bit of free content (highlights etc.) although the NHL doesn't at the moment obviously.

Good stuff. The quality on my laptop would depend on the connection anyway so I'll just have to try it out.

Thanks a lot for this, I'm convinced to buy it now! Only 3 months to wait... :)

8-10 wrote: »

Good stuff. The quality on my laptop would depend on the connection anyway so I'll just have to try it out.

Thanks a lot for this, I'm convinced to buy it now! Only 3 months to wait... :)
    If you do get the ATV before the season starts but you have a 2012 MLB.tv subscription you can go back and watch any game from last season on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Looks like some of the apps are only available if you log into the ATV with an american account and connect to the itunes american store.
    When i logged in with my irish account i couldnt see some apps.

Stab*City wrote: »
    Looks like some of the apps are only available if you log into the ATV with an american account and connect to the itunes american store.
    When i logged in with my irish account i couldnt see some apps.

The MLB one is there with an Irish account though.

Advertisement