Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiders and Tarantulas

Options
  • 01-01-2013 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi all,

Happy New Year

I'm a bit of an Arachnid nut, and I remember having been taking to a Spider kind of Zoo when I was a child. A property displaying tarantulas and a even had a heated butterfly room with natural plants.

I was wondering does anyone know of some where displaying Arachnids nowadays?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

Hi all,

Happy New Year

I'm a bit of an Arachnid nut, and I remember having been taking to a Spider kind of Zoo when I was a child. A property displaying tarantulas and a even had a heated butterfly room with natural plants.

I was wondering does anyone know of some where displaying Arachnids nowadays?

I think you are talking about Straffan Butterfly Farm they are still going strong and have a nice variety of Arachnids though Butterflys are their main purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭HarrisonLennon

F.R. wrote: »

I think you are talking about Straffan Butterfly Farm they are still going strong and have a nice variety of Arachnids though Butterflys are their main purpose.

That's exactly it! :) Well done. Although it'll only be open when I'm gone. I'll be farming this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Seaforde Gardens butterfly house in Co.Down has a large collection of exotic butterflys and moths. They also have some arachnids. Also they have other insects and bugs like madagascar hissing cockroachs and stick insects.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Seaforde Gardens butterfly house in Co.Down has a large collection of exotic butterflys and moths. They also have some arachnids. Also they have other insects and bugs like madagascar hissing cockroachs and stick insects.

Ooohhh... Now we're talking. I'm a sucker for moths. I'll check them out. Worth a trip from Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Ooohhh... Now we're talking. I'm a sucker for moths. I'll check them out. Worth a trip from Dublin?

Yes indeed very much so. I came from Dublin to see it myself. Not only are the gardens and creatures amazing but Co.Down is a beautiful county.

• Advertisement

steddyeddy wrote: »

Yes indeed very much so. I came from Dublin to see it myself. Not only are the gardens and creatures amazing but Co.Down is a beautiful county.

Well a big thank you, to you.
    I'll post here again after I go.

I'll bring a notebook and camera, like the closet geek I am.

Advertisement