Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting phone to tv

• 01-01-2013 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭

I want to connect my phone to my TV to watch youtube videos in large screen. IO can connect my phone and mount the USB storage so the tv recognised the phone but I can't seen to get the video to go on the TV screen. Any advice??

mods: please move if not in the correct forum

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Some modern phones have a mini HDMI socket, with the appropriate cable you could connect to your TV and watch video that way. Not all modern phones show up as Mass Storage so the TV might not be able to see it via USB. The TV may also be expecting the files to be in the root folder - not always the case with phones.

When you say you want to watch YouTube videos do you mean you've downloaded these videos to the memory card of the phone and now want to replay them or do you want to use the YouTube app on your phone to play them from the internet live ?

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

ZENER wrote: »
    Some modern phones have a mini HDMI socket, with the appropriate cable you could connect to your TV and watch video that way. Not all modern phones show up as Mass Storage so the TV might not be able to see it via USB. The TV may also be expecting the files to be in the root folder - not always the case with phones.

When you say you want to watch YouTube videos do you mean you've downloaded these videos to the memory card of the phone and now want to replay them or do you want to use the YouTube app on your phone to play them from the internet live ?

Ken
    Cheers ken, i want to use the youtube app on my phone to stream. I'll have a look for cable

Advertisement