Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple TV shortages

• 01-01-2013 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Went to find an Apple TV. Yesterday, out of stock everywhere, pc world, Hmv, Argos, any one think of a reason? Post Xmas shortages? Haven't heard of a refresh coming.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Turtle-TM wrote: »
    Went to find an Apple TV. Yesterday, out of stock everywhere, pc world, Hmv, Argos, any one think of a reason? Post Xmas shortages? Haven't heard of a refresh coming.
    Just post Christmas shortages i guess. A refresh won't be due until March at the earliest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Turtle-TM

Didn't have a compu b near. Pc world have them online, but none in stores. It was only refreshed last year, and as so few units are sold I don't see it changing till late 2014 when the "iTV" is rumoured to launch.

Might just give it a miss again if I can't find it. Was really only getting it for us iTunes and netflix on my tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Turtle-TM

Yeah I may just order online. Just had €100 I burning a hole in my pocket after Xmas and fancied something new and techy to play with!

I'll prob be convinced to put it in the holiday fund by the OH by the end of the evening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

you can have mine,..€80..never bloody used..got sick of waiting for a jb for it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

The Expert electrical shops have them, also Argos have them at about 30 euro over priced.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5323249/Trail/searchtext%3EAPPLE+TV.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

dingding wrote: »

Surprised Apple allow that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Blazer wrote: »
    you can have mine,..€80..never bloody used..got sick of waiting for a jb for it..

Pleasure doing business with you Jason, who needs adverts.ie ha ha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Blazer wrote: »

I almost made the same mistake, luckily did not buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

kceire wrote: »
    Pleasure doing business with you Jason, who needs adverts.ie ha ha :)

Have fun playing with ur new toy....you will not be disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

What can you view on Apple TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

WIZE wrote: »

This sums up Apple TV & what you can view & do with it.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/apple-tv-3-review-201207292014.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

WIZE wrote: »

If you are in to Netflix it is great as you can watch it in high quality on your 40 inch screen or whatever you have. I'm not that in to watching movies on laptops.

Also handy for renting new movies on itunes and watching on your big TV in HD.

If you have other Apple products, the air play is good. For example videos or photos taken on your iphone can be streamed with one touch to your TV with surprisingly good quality or movies on your laptop (macbook) streamed to your tv without going through itunes.

There's other stuff but they're the main ones for me.

You can control it from an app on your iphone or ipad.

For a 100 quid it's a great, no-fuss piece of kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    If you are in to Netflix it is great as you can watch it in high quality on your 40 inch screen or whatever you have. I'm not that in to watching movies on laptops.

Also handy for renting new movies on itunes and watching on your big TV in HD.

If you have other Apple products, the air play is good. For example videos or photos taken on your iphone can be streamed with one touch to your TV with surprisingly good quality or movies on your laptop (macbook) streamed to your tv without going through itunes.

There's other stuff but they're the main ones for me.

You can control it from an app on your iphone or ipad.

For a 100 quid it's a great, no-fuss piece of kit.

+1 to that.

Bought my Apple TV 5 weeks ago and its a brilliant piece of kit that works flawlessly, but hey its an Apple device so you'd expect that;)

I'm making my way through the Netflix catalogue watching all those series like "Jericho", "Warehouse 13" etc that I never had time to watch before. There's also a lot of good movies with some cheesy ones too. The latest releases are available to rent or to buy on itunes. Or to put it another way, I didn't need to watch terrestrial or satellite tv over Chrimbo as Netflix and itunes kept me entertained.

Plus I can connect my ipad and iphone to it via Airplay and stream my content onto the 46inch tv I have.

Well worth the money.

Advertisement