Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Naas, but want to live near Dublin

Options
  • 01-01-2013 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

My partner and I will be working in Naas within the next 6 months and as neither of us are from Ireland (let alone Dublin or Kildare!) our knowledge of the area is low

We're looking for somewhere in the area to live. In short (in no particular order):

- Commutable to Naas on a daily basis
    - a "not too expensive" taxi ride from Dublin city centre (less than €30?)
    - A nice area i.e. we have no idea where the good or bad areas are...
    - Somewhere with a bit of "life", we're a young couple so would like the area to have some places where we could go out to eat, drink and be merry :-)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Transport will be an issue. Where in Naas will you be working? If near Sallins station, then possibly consider living near Heuston station and travelling by train.

If in the centre of Naas, consider living somewhere along the N7 corridor, so you can avail of bus services.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mig4

Hi Victor

Thanks for the reply, I had heard that transport may be difficult, are the roads not really up to it? I'll be working in the millennium business park. I'm not sure how close this is to train / bus stops

Are there any towns / villages along either of those routes that would be a good place to live? As with everywhere there a places that are best avoided and places which are considered nice places to live

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

If you want to be closer to Dublin then about half way is City West. You can get the Luas into Dublin city and you are only 15 minutes drive from Naas.

I would move to Naas if I was you. There is a bus service to Dublin every hour and you can get the train from Sallins also. Its only a 35 minute drive into Dublin City.

By the way the roads from Naas to Dublin is a 3 lane motorway. Its a great road.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I would move to Naas if I was you.

A taxi from Dublin city centre to Naas would be very expensive. A lot more than €30! And thinking about it, I'd say you have trouble finding a taxi willing to take you out that far...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mig4

Thanks for the advice, I think over the course of a few years we'd probably look to move to Naas, but we do also have the added angle of needing to dip up to Santry for work every so often too, so I guess this is part of my reasoning for staying a bit closer to Dublin itself

I'm looking specifically at Lucan / Clondarkin at the moment. Any thoughts on these areas? Any others around this area that might suit my criteria?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭vagabond2013

when you come over look at Naas, newbridge, Kill, Sallins, Clane & prosperous all good locations, furthest being about 30 mins away.. failing that rathcoole, city west, saggart are all within easy commute to business park and pretty good areas.. as for restraunts shopping etc all within a short driving distance and easy reach of Dublin... naas has its own hospital but i prefer newbridge

Advertisement