Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

display driver keeps crashing

Options
  • 01-01-2013 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

anytime i go on the internet or watch anything on my desktop the display driver crashes after a few mins.
    sometimes it restarts and ive gotten the blue screen too.

ive the latest drivers downloaded from nvidia.

any idea how to fix this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

shot2go wrote: »
    anytime i go on the internet or watch anything on my desktop the display driver crashes after a few mins.
    sometimes it restarts and ive gotten the blue screen too.

ive the latest drivers downloaded from nvidia.

any idea how to fix this ?

Is it a graphics card or onboard graphics? You could try roll back the graphics driver to an earlier stable version

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

i think its onboard graphics, its driving me mad that i cant fix it, ive done a full restore and made no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

i rolled back the driver, made no difference.
    Is there anything else i can try or should i just give up and leave it in to be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Windows Update has been known to crash graphics - cant recall the gfx card I had when I had the same problem .

If you have a rough idea of when this started happening review your update history and uninstal any gfx update from around that time .

Advertisement