Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with my tragus piercing? (with picture)

• 01-01-2013 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I had my tragus pierced exactly 3 weeks ago, at a highly reputable shop. It hasn't bled at all, or hurt at all for that matter. I have been soaking it once to twice a day in sea salt water, as well as cleaning it with antibacterial soap and a q-tip. It isn't sore to the touch or anything. Swollen, but I heard that is to be expected still.
    Lately I've been noticing this red bump around it. Since I have a hard time getting a good look at a mirror, I hadn't realized how bad it looked until I took a picture of it. It doesn't hurt, but it looks awful and made me concerned.

fkbaes.jpg

Is it just a scar/keloid/boil? Is it anything to be worried about? Will it go away, and what can I do to make it go away?

I've read that soaking it with sea salt helps but I've already been doing that for the past three weeks!

Thank you so much and a happy new year :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I had something similar on one of mine, I went to my piercer and asked him to switch it to a ring to five the piercing a bit more room. The lump just disappeared over time with regular soaking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Get some tea tree oil, will work a treat on that.

Advertisement