Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WMC Crashing on xBox 360

Options
  • 01-01-2013 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I set up my xBox 360 as a Windows Media Centre and it all looks good i.e. the network tuning performance is all the green bars/HDTV and I added the media folders where my movies, photo's etc are stored but whilst all my photo's were successfully added and can be viewed when I click on Movies I get the little circle for a minute telling me content is being added and then the app crashes and a message stating that connection to the PC has been lost do I want to reconnect. When I click yes and reconnect and click on movies again it goes through the exact same process i.e. it searches for the media files in the folders I've set up but quickly crashes and pops up the "connection to PC is lost" message.

I just spent 3 hours trying different things to try and fix this including re-setting up WMC, deleting and adding it as an extender, deleting all content folders and re-adding them etc but no joy.

Any ideas????

Ben

Advertisement