If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha yht-398

Options
  • 01-01-2013 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hiya lads,

Have you any of the yamaha yht-398 in stock at the minute? They're an instore only offer?

Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kellyg6 wrote: »
    Hiya lads,

Have you any of the yamaha yht-398 in stock at the minute? They're an instore only offer?

Cheers

Kelly,

we are completely out of stock of the YHT398 at the moment - but we do have the YHT498 available from stock which I can discount down to £369.95 from £479.95

The YHT498 has a far superior spec to the 398 and the 498 has Airplay and is networkable have a look at the comaprison here: http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/hometheater-systems/home-theater-package/?selected=379397_378503_&mode=compare

Alternatively if you are looking for another option in the same price range have a look at the excellent Onkyo HTS4505 at just £299.95 - again significantly better quality than the 398 and on a great deal at under £300!

http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/onkyo/hts4505/onky-hts4505

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you and drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kellyg6

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply and options. Limiting myself to €400 inc. delivery so do you think the Onkyo is the best option or would you suggest anything else.

One of the reasons I was looking at the Yamaha was the 4k pass through but I know that won't be coming in to play for a few years yet. Was trying to 'future proof'!!

Regards,
    Gareth

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

kellyg6 wrote: »
    Hi John,

Thanks for the reply and options. Limiting myself to €400 inc. delivery so do you think the Onkyo is the best option or would you suggest anything else.

One of the reasons I was looking at the Yamaha was the 4k pass through but I know that won't be coming in to play for a few years yet. Was trying to 'future proof'!!

Regards,
    Gareth

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The Onkyo pack is great for £299.95. Would highly recommend it.

Always good to future proof, it does lack the 4K upscaling but the sound quality is excellent so makes up for it ;)

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gls

Hi everyone

Apologies for (slightly) hijacking this thread and asking what may seem like an obvious question, but what is it that makes the onkyo hts4505 much better than the yamaha hts398? I've been looking at both these systems on the richer sounds website (along with the pioneer htp-071) and can't see much differnce between the 3 of them.

I should point out that I'm pretty clueless when it comes to av receivers/home theatre setups.

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

gls wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Apologies for (slightly) hijacking this thread and asking what may seem like an obvious question, but what is it that makes the onkyo hts4505 much better than the yamaha hts398? I've been looking at both these systems on the richer sounds website (along with the pioneer htp-071) and can't see much differnce between the 3 of them.

I should point out that I'm pretty clueless when it comes to av receivers/home theatre setups.

Thanks

Not clueless at all - a very valid query..

You are correct in that the specifications pf the Yamaha YHT398 and the Onkyo HTS4505 really are very similiar in bland specifications - the Onkyo is slightly better equipped with analogue inputs - so in essence I have to confess that it comes down to personal subjective preference - I prefer the sound from the Onkyo - however you will have to also examine that and say hmmm why and it's probably because I'm a bit of a luddite and I'm still tending towards stereoland - ie I'm a music head as against a Movie head - and I think that the Onkyo sounds excellent when used in 2 channel mode - this may be due to the slightly weighter subwoofer.

However - to be honest both are great deals and if I thought this time last year we would have 5.1 speaker systems including this quality of AV Receivers at under £300 I'd have been completely amazed!

Thanks and drop me a line if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 gls

Hi John

Thanks for taking the time to reply. You make a very good point regarding music since I plan on hooking up an ipod to it. In fact it was frustration that I can connect my ipod to my (ancient) DVD/home cinema all in one that got me looking at receievers in the first place!

The hts4505 was actually the first unit I looked at, however I'm slightly put off by reports I've read online about the amount of heat onkyo units produce (and subsequent problems this causes). However I can't seem to find anything with regards to the hts4505 in particular, do you know if this is still a problem for the 2012 models?

Cheers
    Greg

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.