Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2013 In Between Grand Slam Thread

1151617181921»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Johnmb wrote: »
    I actually think the US Open is his his best bet. The faster surfaces suit his game best, and the US is still the fastest of the Slams.

Really? Even faster than the Wimbledon grass?? I doubt that. In fact according to the article I posted a page back (post #987) it was even slower than the Australian Open!

Anyway I doubt Roger will win another slam but it'd be great if he could. Winning another slam, particularly outside of Wimbledon, at this stage of his career would be a fantastic way to round things off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Wouldnt it be fantastic if he could win on clay again against rafa? great way to sign ff but will never happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Really? Even faster than the Wimbledon grass?? I doubt that. In fact according to the article I posted a page back (post #987) it was even slower than the Australian Open!
    The US Open has been the fastest Slam surface for a long time now. In fact, when the new Oz courts were originally put down, Wimbledon became the third fastest (or second slowest) slam courts. They changed the grass a long time ago to a mix that slows the ball more when it bounces, and more compact clay to even the bounces more.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭WaterLily.

I always thought that the US open was the fastest slam surface as well.

I hope Federer does well next year, I fear if he doesn't we cold be saying goodbye to him this time next year and I really don't want that to be the case. There would just be such an enormous hole in tennis if he retired! I do think that he has won his last slam though, I wouldn't rule out a last run to a final but I think he has lifted his last slam trophy.

I suppose we will see where he is at soon enough, I personally don't think the players get half enough time off, it feels like the season just ended!

Quelle surprise, Piotr Wozniacki will be travelling with Caroline next season.
    http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/12/piotr-wozniacki-will-travel-caroline/50044/#.UrdSJ_RdXIF

Nadia Petrova has pulled out of the Australian Open following the death of her mother a few weeks back. Pironkova moves into the main draw. Ferrer has also split from his coach.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Is it maybe time to start the "2014 In Between Grand Slam Thread"?

Exhibition tournaments start in a few days. Andy Murray in action on St. Stephen's Day, I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Yessssssssssssssssss:D

screen-shot-2013-12-19-at-1-17-58-pm.png?w=640&h=608

Great news, Roger & Mirka have another baby on the way! :)

Hey guys, as qualies for next weeks tournaments are already underway I decided to start the new thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057111729

Advertisement