Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New year...update your copyright notice !

• 01-01-2013 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

Now that 2013 is here, don't forget to update in your camera the "(c) 2012" element of your automatic Copyright notice affixed to your photos to "(c) 2013"

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

does it make any difference from a legal standpoint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I keep mine set to copyrighted 1998. It helps a lot if I have any problems. The courts have always ruled in my favour straight away when they realise my work has been copyrighted 15 years ago and not just last year like most schmucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

does it make any difference from a legal standpoint?

Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Legally a notification doesn't do anything. Copyright is automatic. It is like putting up a Private Property sign - the property is private either way, you're just putting the sign up in the hopes it will make people realise it.

I suppose if you sue them over something they can't get away with a defense of ignorance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Ignorantia juris non excusat (ignorance of the law is no excuse - thank you Wikipedia ;) ). There's no legal way you can argue that you didn't know.I have a pet peeve about copyright notices on images. Exif data does no harm if it's not stripped though- at least your name is on it if they're trying to find an author.

• Advertisement
Advertisement