Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unlocking a Verizon phone in Ireland

Options
  • 01-01-2013 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭

i read something that mobile phones in america wont work in europe, something to do with CDMA??? i wont lie, thats a little bit above my head.

the phone im looking at has the following Cellular band

GSM 850/900/1800/1900 WCDMA (UMTS) 850/900/1900/2100 CDMA 800/1900

its on ebay in america, but before i bid, i just want to see if i can actually unlock it and use it as normal over here.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

It will work over here if it's GSM compatible which according to your post it is. Can you post more details of the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Is it a Verizon iPhone 4S by any chance?

If it has a SIM slot then it should be OK for use here. These generally work in the US on CDMA/EvDO and use GSM/UMTS for international use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

not an iphone, a motorola razr maxx hd.

i currently have a htc sensation, but i stupidly signed up to a 24 month contract and ive still 10 months left. Its starting to get a wee bit slow now, so this should tie me over until im due an upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

not an iphone, a motorola razr maxx hd.

i currently have a htc sensation, but i stupidly signed up to a 24 month contract and ive still 10 months left. Its starting to get a wee bit slow now, so this should tie me over until im due an upgrade

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1960696

This thread on XDA says that the SIM slot is already unlocked. I'd send a mail to the seller just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1960696

This thread on XDA says that the SIM slot is already unlocked. I'd send a mail to the seller just to be sure.

when you say unlocked, you mean it'll work on any network regardless?

if not, im sure those dodgy asian fellas in town can sort it for a small fee :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement