Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zyxel p-660hw-t1 v3 as bridge/repeater

Options
  • 01-01-2013 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi, I have 3 zyxel p-660hw-t1 v3 routers. One of which is set up to eircom broadband. A second I am already using as a bridge to extend connections in my home. I have a third now set up in another part of the house. However, whenever the 3rd router is swicthed on, The internet connection drops. Router 1, is connected to the Internet, to the other 2 routers are connected to it via ethernet cables. When the internet dops, it doesnt actaully disconnect. the DSl light and Internet light stay light stay on. However, when I try ping router 1 it fails, when i connect to a web page it fails to load, yet I can ping router 2 and 3 even though they both pass through router 1. I am not using Wifi. Any advice or thoughts on how get the 3 routers working together would appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi daedalus177

Unfortunately Modem Bridging is not supported directly by eircom, However it is possible (At your own discretion).

Please click here http://bit.ly/VkVqII for previous posts and advice in relation to bridging.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Branch

Hi, I have 3 zyxel p-660hw-t1 v3 routers. One of which is set up to eircom broadband. A second I am already using as a bridge to extend connections in my home. I have a third now set up in another part of the house. However, whenever the 3rd router is swicthed on, The internet connection drops. Router 1, is connected to the Internet, to the other 2 routers are connected to it via ethernet cables. When the internet dops, it doesnt actaully disconnect. the DSl light and Internet light stay light stay on. However, when I try ping router 1 it fails, when i connect to a web page it fails to load, yet I can ping router 2 and 3 even though they both pass through router 1. I am not using Wifi. Any advice or thoughts on how get the 3 routers working together would appreciated.

Hi Daedalus,

I've 3 routers too, Eircom keep sending them out to me too...Unfortunately I can't help you but can I ask how did you connect the 2nd router up? It seems it has to be through network cable and not over wi-fi. Just I'd like to connect the telly/blu ray to my 2nd router but I can seem to find a way to connect that to the Eircom wi-fi router after changing it to bridge mode. Just the wi-fi dongles cost a bomb, I know ebay sell wi-fi bridges but as I've 2 routers here doing nothing else....why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 daedalus177

Branch wrote: »
    Hi Daedalus,

I've 3 routers too, Eircom keep sending them out to me too...Unfortunately I can't help you but can I ask how did you connect the 2nd router up? It seems it has to be through network cable and not over wi-fi. Just I'd like to connect the telly/blu ray to my 2nd router but I can seem to find a way to connect that to the Eircom wi-fi router after changing it to bridge mode. Just the wi-fi dongles cost a bomb, I know ebay sell wi-fi bridges but as I've 2 routers here doing nothing else....why not.
    Hi Branch,  yea i have mine set up using network cables to join them, Ive the NAT set on both to SUA, not sure if makes a difference but seems to work well for me. The router that is bridgin i have DHCP disabled and i only allow the DSL to mamage DHCP. the main DSL router is set at the standard ip address of 192.168.1.254, the second router in bridging mode i have set to 192.168.1.253. for consistency of wifi connection ive set both routers then to work on the same SSID on the same channel. seems to work well for me. Hope this helps any bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Hey can you please tell me the settings on how to add this router as a bridge/repeater? Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Gas Jockey

Hi
    I'm not very good at this stuff, so can anyone give me a step by step guide to setting up a wireless bridge between the Eircom Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3 and the newer f2000 modem?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement