Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tritton Pro+ Dolby 5.1 Headset settings help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Delboy007 wrote: »
    Hi

I got the Tritton Pro+ Dolby 5.1 Headset for xmas, could someone let me know whet is the best set for there, at the min i have all up as loud as they can but the grenades etc are way to loud.

Also what would be the best set up on the games settings to help hear people steps etc.

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2012/10/mad-catz-tritton-pro-5-1-headset-review/tritton-pro-plus-5-1280x1024.jpg

so with the above image what does all the buttons do and should i press them to do anything??

Also what are the 3 output things in the middle of below picture for

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2012/10/mad-catz-tritton-pro-5-1-headset-review/tritton-pro-plus-4-1280x1024.jpg

I hope you didn't buy them for black ops 2?
    You can't sound whore in that game. As in, can't hear footsteps.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

I hope you didn't buy them for black ops 2?
    You can't sound whore in that game. As in, can't hear footsteps.

Yea that was what i bought them for, i have played around a bit with them and on hardcore with awareness perk u can a bit, just need to get used to seen were they are coming form

Go and buy mw3, unlock sitrep pro and you will see how easy it is to hear footsteps. Black ops 2 is a waste of time even using a headset. You could play fro 5 hours and you won't run into one person with awareness. It's the way treyarch wanted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

yea, even with awareness and dead silence in black ops 2 you cant hear anything, like creasy said, go buy mw3 and get sitrep pro, i have a 40 euro turtle beach headset and i can hear peoples foot steps across the map

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭TheBuck

Not Sure Which Black Ops 2 games you guys have been playing but I for sure can hear footsteps, I used a x11 Turtle beach and recently upgraded to the Tangos and they are awesome!
    You can hear them and with the Surround sound enabled hear them coming around corners, now of course if they have silent enable then yeah its hard but i defo hear footsteps!

• Advertisement

TheBuck wrote: »
    Not Sure Which Black Ops 2 games you guys have been playing but I for sure can hear footsteps, I used a x11 Turtle beach and recently upgraded to the Tangos and they are awesome!
    You can hear them and with the Surround sound enabled hear them coming around corners, now of course if they have silent enable then yeah its hard but i defo hear footsteps!

Do you use awareness and do u only play hardcore as i have found it eaiser to hear them on Hardcore, have u changed any of the sound settings in the game to help?

Nope , left everything on default , although I will admit its easer now with the Tangos from Turlte Beach depending on the Preset that you use.
    Sometimes i use awareness which helps increases the sounds alot more but i like to have dexterity and Extreme Conditioning.
    Now keep in mind that if there are explosions and other things going off you wont hear much but for say 70 % of the game you can hear those close by and if you headset has surround sound you can get a fairly accurate lock on them even thru walls. Heck Ive killed a few just by that alone and useing my Heavy Machine gun thru the wall.

Nope , left everything on default , although I will admit its easer now with the Tangos from Turlte Beach depending on the Preset that you use.
    Sometimes i use awareness which helps increases the sounds alot more but i like to have dexterity and Extreme Conditioning.
    Now keep in mind that if there are explosions and other things going off you wont hear much but for say 70 % of the game you can hear those close by and if you headset has surround sound you can get a fairly accurate lock on them even thru walls. Heck Ive killed a few just by that alone and useing my Heavy Machine gun thru the wall.

I have the Tritton Pro+ Dolby 5.1 surround sound headset , only got them at xmas and only got to play online for about 3hrs, have been able to hear footsteps but I think it will just take time to know were they are coming from, I messed around a bit last night and put the back sound louder than the middle and the front sound lower and that helped a bit, but this is all on hardcore games, a lot hard in core games to heard footsteps as so much more explosions etc

yea the explosions etc are so loud and u can hear nothing when they happen.

I dont know anything about Trittons but are presets you can use or download ? Like for example with the turtle beach there are a few most for Footsteps so its easer to hear them. Maybe there is something like that for the Tritton's?

I dont know anything about Trittons but are presets you can use or download ? Like for example with the turtle beach there are a few most for Footsteps so its easer to hear them. Maybe there is something like that for the Tritton's?

Thanks for that, but what do u mean by presets to download, like how would i find out were or what they are, sorry this is all new to me

• Advertisement

Delboy007 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, but what do u mean by presets to download, like how would i find out were or what they are, sorry this is all new to me

They are like Sound profiles , some would have Bass up high or some would have it down low , some might enable footsteps to be heard easer.
    My best guess is to go to their website , log on and see what their support section has got , you might find them there if they have them at all.

My best guess is to go to their website , log on and see what their support section has got , you might find them there if they have them at all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks i will have a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

ugglasdav wrote: »
    yea, even with awareness and dead silence in black ops 2 you cant hear anything

Gave this a go last night on Raid, which has no background noise, and with Supercrunch on and still couldn't hear anything at all apart from team mate footsteps.

Makaveli wrote: »

Gave this a go last night on Raid, which has no background noise, and with Supercrunch on and still couldn't hear anything at all apart from team mate footsteps.

It doesn't work lol. I have nearly 3 days played and in that time I have seen 1 person with awareness on.

1 person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Is there not audio settings in the Black Ops 2 settings? IRC, there is a presetting that lowers the volumes of most things and ups the volume of footsteps. Also reducing ingame techno music and "Wanna get paid?" voice volumes helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

You can increase the volume of in game sound and decrease the voice volume but you can't specifically increase footstep sound. It still makes no difference either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 d Immortalis b

i have the first ax pros with the different colour lights on the controller and i can hear everything in blops 2

My settings are front blue, Rear red , center blue and sub green.

Can hear people behind me easier when its up higher Make sure time delay is down and trc is off..

Advertisement