Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland Bill Direct Debit taken before date on Bill

Options
  • 01-01-2013 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

As the title says, my latest (additional) Electric Ireland Bill was due to be collected by direct debit on 2 January 2013. I have just checked my bank account and the amount has already been debited.

What is the point of specifying a date for collection on the bill if the amount is going to debited before that date?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi genie,

I'm sorry to hear that. We apply to banks 2-4 working days before an invoice is due, requesting that the amount in question be taken on the specified due date. Factoring in weekends/public holidays, it may sometimes happen that the amount is collected before this.

If you would like us to investigate this further please feel free to send us a private message with your account information. In general, if you know in advance that funds will not be present (not referring to the case stated above, which is different), you can always contact us and we can reschedule the direct debit to a more suitable date.

Regards,

David

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Thank you for your reply.

This is the second time this has happened, only this time it has left me overdrawn. It was also an additional bill as I had sent in a monthly meter reading as I like to keep on top of my bills and I did not expect to be billed immediately for a paltry €26.

As I am now overdrawn, there isn't much which can be done, and I will be closing the account soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Thanks for getting back to us genie, and our apologies that this has resulted in your account being overdrawn. Generally, we recommend adjusting readings only if there is a difference of 150 units or more than a previously recorded estimate. Other than that, submitting readings is best done in the period before a bill is due to issue - see here for more information.

If there is anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Regards,

David

Advertisement