Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston terrier breeders?

• 01-01-2013 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, sorry for bringing back an old post, i'm looking at getting a boston terrier and dont know where to get one

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I have split your query into it's own thread, as by posting before you resurrected an 8 year old thread!
    You should also find more up to date info on this breed if you run a search of the forum, because there have been a couple of Boston Terrier threads in the past year.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnnykane

Hi there,

We have two bostons at the moment and they're great little dogs. http://instagram.com/trooperandolive

Our first (male trooper), we got from a breeder in Dublin. When we started looking initially we called the kennel club. They put us in touch with the http://www.ikc.ie/all-ireland-boston-terrier-club. We were lucky enough that the chair person of the club actually had one male pup left from a litter that they hadn't planned on selling (Mr S Campbell).

For our second (bitch, Olive), we had to travel up north. I don't have the details on hand but I'll see if I can dig them out. As we're not experienced breeders, we're not going to breed from our two.

Best of luck with the search. It's worth it in the end :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Have to say after seeing this dog in Tron Legacy I'd love to get one some day.

Bullseye1 wrote: »

Any Bostons I've met have been nothing short of fantastic! Lovely happy, friendly, playful characters... I can fully appreciate the attraction!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 phea2

johnnykane wrote: »
    Hi there,

We have two bostons at the moment and they're great little dogs. http://instagram.com/trooperandolive

Our first (male trooper), we got from a breeder in Dublin. When we started looking initially we called the kennel club. They put us in touch with the http://www.ikc.ie/all-ireland-boston-terrier-club. We were lucky enough that the chair person of the club actually had one male pup left from a litter that they hadn't planned on selling (Mr S Campbell).

For our second (bitch, Olive), we had to travel up north. I don't have the details on hand but I'll see if I can dig them out. As we're not experienced breeders, we're not going to breed from our two.

Best of luck with the search. It's worth it in the end :)

Thanks mate. I would really appreciate that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Bullseye1 wrote: »

Please don't buy a dog just based on a breed being featured in a movie... There was a huge surplus of Dalmatians after 101 Dalmatians being released in the 90s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Magenta wrote: »
    Please don't buy a dog just based on a breed being featured in a movie... There was a huge surplus of Dalmatians after 101 Dalmatians being released in the 90s.

There's one after every film prominently featuring dogs, sadly.

Magenta wrote: »

<snip> I've owned dogs all my life and don't need to be preached to by nameless members on boards.ie.

As with every breed I've owned (GSD, Fox Terriers and Rhoedsian Ridgrbacks) I do my research.

Mod note: Keep it civil please, folks.
    Thanks,
    DBB

In fairness i found the post preachy and provocative. It suggested that the level of reading up on the breed was limited to watching a movie. It was downright condescending.

It seems widespread in this section of the forum and is making it a less attractive place to visit and post.

But I'll move on.

• Advertisement

When I asked ye to keep it civil, it was aimed at you both.
    If you have a problem with a post, you need to report it, not respond to it. This is in the forum charter.
    It is vital to report posts that cause offense or upset, so that mods can deal with the problem as soon as we see the reported post. We are alerted to reported posts, whereas leaving it for one of us to randomly spot it could take a lot longer.
    Not getting at you here Bullseye, it's a big problem forum-wide, so I'm not meaning to aim this specifically at you!

Now, back on topic please.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Advertisement