Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People taking photos of Garda writing out tickets.

Options
  • 01-01-2013 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, happy new year first of all, and I was today in city center, at Supermacs.
    There was a homeless guy sitting across it and then Garda officer drove up to him on a Segway, started writing out a ticket or fine to him, next thing I notice is about 5 different people having phones out and are recording this. I thought - okay a garda member on a Segway, cool, makes sense to take a pic or vid, but I walked down to GPO later and saw two people getting a ticket or fine from another garda members who are just patrolling (not on segway) and yet again people are having phones out and are recording it.

Is there anything funny about it? What's the story with such odd trend?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Two possibilities:
    1. Nothing better to do with their lives
    2. They were at the age where they want to stick it to the man and witness in case the guards abuse their power and so they can watch the watchers, fight the system and so on and so forth. Would you guess they are around that age?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Mobile phones with video are the great moron enablers of this century

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

arleitiss wrote: »
    Garda officer drove up to him on a Segway

what

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

• Registered Users Posts: 12,833 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Reminds me of the guy who's banging like mad on his next door neighbour's front door.

Please can i use your phone, a man utd fan has just been knocked down outside my house.

Why can't you use your own phone?

It doesn't have a camera...

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Andy!! wrote: »
    ... I would laugh my ass off if I saw them.
    You don't get out much Andy?

You don't get out much Andy?

You one of the coppers pictured on the segway I take it?

My condolences :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Those were people about 35-45 of age mostly, so should be pretty mature imo

Maturity has nothing to do with whether someone looks like an absolute fool I'm afraid. They either do or they don't. In this case they look very foolish. Wonder what the skangers and junkies make of them. Would love to see that pair rolling down Parnell Street. They'd probably have them pulled from under them before they even made it to the end of the street.

I assume they have some kind of release system key like on jet-skis? What happens if they have to chase after someone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Maturity has nothing to do with whether someone looks like an absolute fool I'm afraid. They either do or they don't. In this case they look very foolish. Wonder what the skangers and junkies make of them. Would love to see that pair rolling down Parnell Street. They'd probably have them pulled from under them before they even made it to the end of the street.

I assume they have some kind of release system key like on jet-skis? What happens if they have to chase after someone?

I noticed those things are pretty fast and easy to handle. It was only 1 officer this time, he rolled up quickly took his hands off handles, he didn't even got off it so I guess there is something stopping him like a lock or so.

Unfortunately my gf saw it, said awhh it's great would love to try one, and I was foolish enough too to say we will.
    Any idea where you can rent a segway? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

You can do a segway tour of Dublin, i think the company do it in groups of five or six, around €50pp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

They are great craic, definitely give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Drivin by an accident over the crimbo, i was passenger in mates car. Minute he sees the flashin lights he diverts up towards the crash site and gets the fone out filming... while driving.... also tryin to hide the camera near to the window trim over my side.... LOL wit 1 hand driving lookin out my window.....

We reviewed the footage later........... :rolleyes:

Dramatic stuff indeed. Blue lights.... Shuffle noises...dash board... blue lights.... yellow vest.....blue lights...random shuffling.....:cool:

Mod: Try using your whole keyboard ;) No txtspk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

They'd probably have them pulled from under them before they even made it to the end of the street.

I dunno, I've seen plenty of toe rags floored with a eye full of pepper spray quicker than you can say 'wrappeh'. Regardless of how stupid the segways do or don't look, they've a long long way to go before they reach how stupid looking most skangers are thats for sure.

As for recording Guards issuing tickets, I'd have to agree, mindless moronism.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Regardless of how stupid the segways do or don't look, they've a long long way to go before they reach how stupid looking most skangers are thats for sure.

I reckon 2013 will definitely be the year tucking your socks into your trakkies becomes mainstream fashion. And keeping your hand down your kecks, perpetually checking to see if it's 'still there'. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I reckon 2013 will definitely be the year tucking your socks into your trakkies becomes mainstream fashion. And keeping your hand down your kecks, perpetually checking to see if it's 'still there'. ;)

Its hard to wonder who's watching the watchers when you go to the zoo isn't it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

arleitiss wrote: »
    Is there anything funny about it? What's the story with such odd trend?

Any of their smart phones saying stuff like :

I am Siri of the clan Apple .... I am not a phone etc ?

This isn't really a Dublin City thread, start a thread in After Hours or something

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement