Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone want to sing my song?

• 01-01-2013 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

I am an acoustic guitar player and occasionally write bits of songs that never make it beyond little clips. I never take the clips to completion. I am a very average singer and have never written lyrics so I'd prefer if someone helped out.

What I'm asking..

I would like to finish the music for one of my latest clips. I would like to record this in an agreed format and get someone to write and sing lyrics on the top of the track. Ideally I'd prefer a female vocalist (but that's not mandatory). You don't have to be in any way good. I'd just like to collaborate with another musician, to see what comes of it.

My influences are Radiohead, The Smiths, The Beatles, Arcade Fire, et al. The track is in minor key (starts with Em).

Let's see where we can take it.

All levels of musicianship are welcome.

Walrus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 montenegro

Can I hear the clip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

montenegro wrote: »
    Can I hear the clip?

Yes. I'll record it for you tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RouxGalway

where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Il give it a blast as well, if I can think of anything decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭hponboard

if i hear the clip, i have written lyric to some songs, i'd by happy to help out. where you based

• Advertisement

Demo done. If anyone wants to give the track a listen, PM me.

Walrus

• Registered Users Posts: 45 annica860

I would like to listen to it too. Are you looking for a female or male singer?

annica860 wrote: »
    I would like to listen to it too. Are you looking for a female or male singer?

Either. I'll PM you the song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭salfordlad

PM me the track Walrus,

I'm a Singer/Songwriter based in Ballsbridge, Dublin.
    Where you based yourself?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 3_BlueSteelz

Hello, contact me on merissa_here@hotmail.com, I'm a female singer already in a band with lots of experience i'd like to help you out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 annica860

Do you already have the lyrics as well? Where in Dublin do you live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 3_BlueSteelz

I wont be able to write lyrics until I hear the song. I live in Celbridge but I can travel to Dublin wont take long. If you want I can give you my Facebook and send you some of the songs I already have to hear what I sound like

Hi all,

I'm London based. For what I'm trying to achieve, this shouldn't be an issue I don't think. I can send demos in any format. We can see if we are a good combination..

If you want to hear the track, PM me.

Walrus

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mariothespeed

why not put the clip link up?

Here you go buddy, your song, as sung by me....

http://soundcloud.com/southtippbass/i-wanna-rock-your-asshole-1

Enjoy! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

bahahah!

Fart wrote: »
    bahahah!

Lol! Thanks for listening, the op didnt even bother their arse coming back. :mad: :pac:

Lol! Thanks for listening, the op didnt even bother their arse coming back. :mad: :pac:

Sorry man, I didn't notice there was another post here! Thought the thread was forgotten :o

Let me have a listen..

Love it!

LOL

I'm listening in work trying not to laugh too loud. Great stiff man. I genuinely appreciate your work. I'll try to write some more and maybe we can work together soon.

Love the subject matter.

Ha ha ha! I got a good laugh out of it recording as well, glad you liked it! :pac:

• Advertisement

Ha ha ha! I got a good laugh out of it recording as well, glad you liked it! :pac:

You turned a very blue Monday into lighter shade. No mean feat.

That bridge/middle eight/whatever is very funny.

Thank you very much, delighted you liked it! I actually had loads more dialogue written for the captain and the docking crew, but the amount of bars were already set so I had to chop a lot of it out. Still, I got the lines I wanted in there anyways :pac:

Advertisement