Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pharmacy opening hours

Options
  • 01-01-2013 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Very disappointed with snip pharmacy.

I thought of them as a 'professional' company.

Looked at their website today to see if their Lucan store was open. It said that Bank Holidays, they opened until 18.00hrs.

I drove from Portlaoise knowing I'd arrive in Lucan well before they closed.

Got to Snip at around 16.30 to find they were closed. Asked around, and was told they hadn't been open at all today.

Checked their website again and it definitely says that they are open until 18.00 hrs on Bank Holidays.

On the lefthand side of their webpage there is a segment which says "seasonal opening hours".........However, when you click on this, it refers to St. Patrick's Day....presumably 2012.

So, they haven't bothered to update their site since then?

How unprofessional! Someone in that company must be getting paid to oversee the website details and obviously they didn't in this instance.

I will go to a different pharmacy tomorrow and give them the business. A quick calculation of the hospital prescription would make me think that the items would run into a lot of money.

Thank goodness I wasn't 'desperate' to have the script 'filled'....and shame on whomever didn't bother to inform the public that Snip in Lucan wasn't opening today.

I'll phone their HQ tomorrow and lodge a complaint......I can nearly hear the response I'll get already.

Ah well...their loss....I'll never buy as much as an aspirin in any of their stores again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

not suited to this forum. try consumer issues if you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

moved to consumer issues. pharmacy name snipped from OP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

New Years Day is a public holiday rather than a bank holiday. The likes of Good Friday is a bank holiday rather than a public holiday and the likes of New Years Day is a funny one where shops/retailers are concerned, always has been. I have never assumed anywhere that trades Sundays/Bank Holidays would be open on New Years Day. The majority of shops are closed all day but the odd places are open. As far as I know Liffey Valley and Blanchardstown Centres were closed today whereas your average bank holiday they would be heaving.

Luckily enough you weren't depending on getting a prescription filled, but going by internet 'bank holiday' information is a bit presumptuous. You should have made the effort and lifted the phone if you were that determined to find out. Your getting all worked up about it now and are making the phone call tomorrow to complain but to be honest I think you're getting worked up over nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

New Years Day is a public holiday rather than a bank holiday. The likes of Good Friday is a bank holiday rather than a public holiday and the likes of New Years Day is a funny one where shops/retailers are concerned, always has been..

Good Friday isn't a bank holiday, nor is it a public holiday, it's a religious holiday. Many companies/shops are open on Good Friday.

But, yeah, New Years day is a public holiday.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/leave_and_holidays/public_holidays_in_ireland.html

I wouldn't expect business to operate the same on New Years Day as a bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Paulw wrote: »
    Good Friday isn't a bank holiday, nor is it a public holiday, it's a religious holiday. Many companies/shops are open on Good Friday.

But, yeah, New Years day is a public holiday.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/leave_and_holidays/public_holidays_in_ireland.html

I wouldn't expect business to operate the same on New Years Day as a bank holiday.

Yep, your right, but technically the banks don't open so that's why it's commonly mistaken as a BH, but definitely not a PH.

I didn't expect anywhere to be open today, maybe the odd spar or centra or fuel station, not that I even considered going near one of those, it's just not a day I would ever consider to be a shopping day in any form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

New Years Day is not too far removed from Easter Sunday in terms of what is open. Plenty of shopping centres were closed today and in town Jervis, Marks and Dunnes were closed, and almost all of the smaller shops. You have to assume the business/shop is closed, and ring them to find out if they don't have it on their website. I understand how annoying your situation was, but you really should have been aware how restricted trading is on the day, and that its not classed as a bank holiday, nevermind trades as if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

For a long drive like that i really dont understand why you didnt phone first OP. Ideally they would have full listing of seasonal hours for Christmas and New years but assuming their bank holiday hours apply to New Years is a bit much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Doh - the op blames the pharmacy for their own stupidity.

How many shops that open on a normal bank holiday were open yesterday? - very very few.

Liffey valley is open on bank holidays, but not New Year's Day, same with thousands and thousands of shops.

As above a simple phone call would be the thing to do. - but to go and rant on boards and then say you are going to write to head office s just soooo ott for what is your own poor judgement.

Advertisement