Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus roundtrip airport ticket

Options
  • 01-01-2013 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm trying to figure out where to buy the roundtrip ticket for Dublin Bus 747 route to the Airport. This page mentions that tickets may be available in city center but I could not find it any Spar or Londis near O'Connell Street.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/Airport-Services/

The buy link on this page leads to Single 6 Euro tickets. There is no option to buy the 10 Euro roundtrip ticket.

Does anyone know where I could buy the discounted roundtrip in the City Center?

Obviously I would not want to go to the airport to buy the roundtrip and waste another 6 Euros.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

af1020 wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out where to buy the roundtrip ticket for Dublin Bus 747 route to the Airport. This page mentions that tickets may be available in city center but I could not find it any Spar or Londis near O'Connell Street.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/Airport-Services/

The buy link on this page leads to Single 6 Euro tickets. There is no option to buy the 10 Euro roundtrip ticket.

Does anyone know where I could buy the discounted roundtrip in the City Center?

Obviously I would not want to go to the airport to buy the roundtrip and waste another 6 Euros.

Try the Dublin Bus office on O'Connell street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭howiya

Drivers on the 747 take cash. Can they sell you the return ticket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

howiya wrote: »
    Drivers on the 747 take cash. Can they sell you the return ticket?

I don't think so, but as said, Dublin Bus will have it in their public office on O'Connell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

howiya wrote: »
    Can they sell you the return ticket?
    I suspect they can.

However, you could get a 1/3/5/30 day Rambler ticket and use it. The days don't need to be consecutive.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Tickets/Tickets/2-Journey-Daily-Weekly/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

MarkMc wrote: »
    I don't think so, but as said, Dublin Bus will have it in their public office on O'Connell Street.

They can - 100% - I've often bought one on board.

Just make sure you have a tenner, as opposed to the 50 I usually turn up with, that drives them nuts :D

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

They can - 100% - I've often bought one on board.

Just make sure you have a tenner, as opposed to the 50 I usually turn up with, that drives them nuts :D

Good to know, thanks for clearing that up. Problem solved OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 af1020

I thought you can't use the 30 day pass (or 1, 3, 7 days) on the 747 bus because the fare is higher than the standard fare.

af1020 wrote: »
    I thought you can't use the 30 day pass (or 1, 3, 7 days) on the 747 bus because the fare is higher than the standard fare.

They changed it 5 or more years ago. You can't use them on Nitelink, Tours, Special Events and Private Contract services.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

There could be a TVM inside Busaras too (the terminus for these busses is still Busaras?)

pithater1 wrote: »
    There could be a TVM inside Busaras too
    I don't think so, only Bus Éireann ones.
    (the terminus for these busses is still Busaras?)
    No, all buses operate Heuston-Dublin Airport via O'Connell Street, Busáras and The Point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Victor wrote: »
    I don't think so, only Bus Éireann ones.

No, all buses operate Heuston-Dublin Airport via O'Connell Street, Busáras and The Point.

Ah must've missed that change? Presume it happened at some stage in the route reorganisations or whatever they called it

• Registered Users Posts: 20 af1020

Thanks for the info. I got the roundtrip ticket from Dublin Bus office on O'Connell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭ooter

Save yourself €5-6 and get the 16a or 41 bus to/from the airport.;)

ooter wrote: »
    Save yourself €5-6 and get the 16a or 41 bus to/from the airport.;)

The 16a was merged with the 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Two other things that annoy me about this, (1) you can't buy a €10 return ticket online although you can buy a €6 single; (2) you can use the Leap Card but it costs you the same as two singles would cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gstav

Hi guys,

I have one short question. I assume the roundtrip bus ticket from and to the airport could be used in 2 days within week, right?

THanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Yes.

Question answered. Please start a new thread in future

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement