Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sallins and Naas train station

Options
  • 01-01-2013 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

:confused:

Can someone explain to me what the story is with this? If I am in naas and want to get a train how far away is the Sallins and Naas station??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

It's in Sallins. So from the centre of naas its a 5min drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mouthforwar93

thanks, so could you walk it? or need a taxi?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 The Helpful Engineer

thanks, so could you walk it? or need a taxi?

Sallins and its train station are a 40 minute walk from the center of Naas. There is a free bus from Naas and some housing estates to the station for train passengers. The times of the bus are on the train timetable. But the bus does not meet all trains.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

Its about a half hour walk to the train station from town Google mapped for you

There is (or was) a shuttle bus but it was very unreliable when I last lived full time in Naas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Its a 15-20 min walk. Their is a bus that runs around the town and out to the station. Goes every 30 mins or so.
    http://jjkavanagh.ie/images/stories/timetable/Naas-Sallins-Clane.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Cycle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

its a 5-6 min brisk walk from the Millenium roundabout. Work out your walk then from where you are in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

yeah . I can walk it in 20mins. Cycle in 5. Taxi from naas to sallins is a rip off. Would not even consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 alexlazarciuc

yermandan wrote: »
    Cycle!!

Hey, do you know if there is a safe bike stand where to lock the bikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

full_irish wrote: »
    There is (or was) a shuttle bus but it was very unreliable when I last lived full time in Naas

Tried to get it twice, didn't show up either time. And I was at the terminus 15 minutes before it was due to depart, so I definitely didn't miss it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

A few mumblings going on about the potential for the P+R Station at near the new Sallins Bypass.

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/372346/no-firm-plans-yet-for-a-park-and-ride-near-naas.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Hey, do you know if there is a safe bike stand where to lock the bikes?

Well, there are bike bays on both sides of the tracks but they are no safer than anywhere else

Advertisement