Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enter Shikari - Irish dates 2013

Options
  • 01-01-2013 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭

Dates for a big April/May UK tour have been leaking for a couple of weeks now, most of the venues are in places they don't play often.

Ticketmaster has the Nerve center in Derry up as 1st of May, tickets on sale 18th Jan. Hopefully there's more Irish dates :)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mr.S wrote: »
    Probably a Cork or Galway date then if they're playing venues/cities they usually don't play in.

Great band, didn't really like the last album but would still head if it was somewhere not to far away.

(Would love a tiny venue in Dublin though!)

What about Whelans:eek: or if we were lucky enough somewhere like Fibbers ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah hopefully there's a Cork or Limerick added. Would love Galway but doubt it.

Pfft. Might as well just go busking at this stage :p

Apparently the tour is something special so I wouldn't be suprised if they're playing the entire new album or something.

Just confirmed the tour is 24 dates long :p All dates tba Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

I'm so ****ing excited it hurts.

• Advertisement

dear United Kingdom and Ireland... a little heads up.
    on Wednesday, at around midday, we will announce (and have a special two day pre-sale via our site) some special UK shows for April.
    there will be 24 shows in total. with the exception of one or two of the shows, none of them will be in what would be considered 'major' towns or cities (ie: no Manchester, Birmingham, London etc). Most of the shows are around the 600 capacity mark.. so a little more 'cozy' than recent shows.
    We're focusing on the sort of places that we've either never been, or not been for years, or that don't generally get shows at all. (to give you an idea of the sort of thing; is there anybody reading this who lives on the Wirral? when was the last time you saw a rock show without having to get on a train or in a car and go to Liverpool / Chester / Manchester or whatever? yeah.. its that sort of tour).
    Its taken ages to put together, so only got it finalised this week (we know there's been a couple of dates that were rumours going around... but at least one of those shows isn't happening now. that's not our fault, it was just that they were leaked before they were confirmed).
    So, yes... please spread the word, and tune in on Wednesday around midday (maybe even a little earlier) for the announcement.

Wonder what places they will do in Ireland? Cork or Limerick or something? Along with the belfast date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Did they not play in Dolans Warehouse before in Limerick?

seachto7 wrote: »
    Did they not play in Dolans Warehouse before in Limerick?

Think so , but they did say some places might be places where they have not been or either have not been in ages

Yeah Dolan's looks pretty likely then. God I'm awfully excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Joe95

Cork sounds pretty promising since they haven't played here in 5 years.

• Advertisement

They said most of the venues are around 600. So they probably wouldn't bother with the Roisin, but god that'd be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,425 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Shortts in Waterford City

They said most of the venues are around 600. So they probably wouldn't bother with the Roisin, but god that'd be great :)

Id say the 600 venues will be the UK , Sure the last few times they played over here has been in the Academy which is 800? So it wouldnt be that much of a step down . Id say they will have to a dublin date

Id say the 600 venues will be the UK , Sure the last few times they played over here has been in the Academy which is 800? So it wouldnt be that much of a step down . Id say they will have to a dublin date

I know but the Roisin is 280, which is real small. I'm in Galway, so if they play the Roisin I'll be delighted :p But it seems a bit small when they could just as easily do Limerick where Dolan's is 400.

I wouldn't be surprised if they skip Dublin. They don't play often, but they do play it every album and the idea is that they're playing places they haven't played in years.

If they skip Dublin then id say they will do Belfast and 2 of Galway/Limerick/Cork

Hopefully :D

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Shortts in Waterford City

God this would make my year.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Joe95

Enter Shikari
    one day to go folks.
    some more clues...
    Wales? = yes - two shows
    Scotland? = yes - four shows
    Ireland / Northern Ireland? = yes - four shows
    a couple of seaside resorts? = yes - at least three
    somewhere near home? = yes - something special planned for that
    announcement / special website presale = midday-ish tomorrow
    :)

Derry, Limerick Cork, Galway :p

A bit optimistic I think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Hope they play in Cork this time! was in Dublin and London last year to see them, its going to be AWESOME if they come to cork :D

• Advertisement

Academy Dublin May 3rd

I'm gonna guess Derry, Limerick, Dublin, Cork.

Mandela Hall
    Co. Antrim, ND
    Tue 30/04/13

Nerve Centre
    Derry, ND
    Wed 01/05/13
    20:00

The Academy
    Dublin, IE
    Fri 03/05/13
    19:00

Ahhhhh.

Where's the fourth date then!?!? :p

Ahhhhh.

Where's the fourth date then!?!? :p
    I don't know, but it better be somewhere bloody better!!

Wow some of those towns in the UK are absolutely tiny! :p

Thu 2 May The Pavilion, Cork City

Enter Shikari the Pavillion Cork 2nd of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DylanJames

Probably just Dublin for me. Maybe Cork too.

• Advertisement

DylanJames wrote: »

Yeah remembered to check tickets after i posted that.

Advertisement