Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enter Shikari - Irish dates 2013

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Whos also very excited?

CANT WAIT (even tho i have no ticket yet)...roll on THURSDAY!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is €28 not a tad pricey for an intimate show? Thought the point of the tour is that it would be affordable too. Was thinking of going, but that put me right off.

yeah i know, im more than happy to pay for it as its very expensive for bands to come and play in Ireland.
    had a chat with a few managers there who explained that to me.
    So i dont mind to pay a bit to see my favourite band :)

when are the doors open actually? couldnt find any info on pavillions site?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

celica00 wrote: »
    when are the doors open actually? couldnt find any info on pavillions site?

Says 8 on ticket :)

• Advertisement

People going tonight, what time ye heading pavillion at? :)

bit earlier actually, still have no ticket and must get it at the door.

GOD im so excited!!!!
    listening to them all day :DDDDDDDDDDDdd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Im guessing there'll be no issue getting a ticket at the door will there?

€28 is pretty pricey too I might add

Im guessing there'll be no issue getting a ticket at the door will there?

€28 is pretty pricey too I might add
    Should,be easy enough:)

Its not too bad a price really
    , they were the same in the academy last year, plus even though yheyre playing smaller venues, theyre playing quite a long tour, with an awful lot of equipment and tech.
    They need to cover costs fully, plus make profit.

yeah i mentioned that before, but its REALLY expensive for bands to come over to Ireland.
    I happily pay 28€ for them :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

yeah i mentioned that before, but its REALLY expensive for bands to come over to Ireland.
    I happily pay 28€ for them :)

Ive paid more then €28 for a gig in the Academy a few times

I was gonna go tonight but can play football so thatll easily win for me.

Trucks unloading right now

According to twitter Rou got lost in cork and was saved by a fan.. least they're all in one piece at the minute :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Only €28 for Cork :/ Bah it's still worth it anyway, it's such a good light show and the Pavillion's a pretty small venue.

How was it??!? :D Awfully excited for tonight.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Academy
    Enter Shikari tonight has just SOLD OUT, sorry folks! Doors open 7pm, two support acts WOUNDS & Hacktivist. Enjoy..

what did ya think about yesterday?
    i LOVED it :)

the last time in dublin it was the same, sold out a few hours before the show :)

Broken, bruised and couldnt be happier about it.. Wounds though.. my god.. theyre am absolute load of ****e..
    Hactivist are the perfect support for Shikari.. full of energy..

Shikari themselves, ehile being a bit pissed with the venue, were on top form & genuinely seemed to love the gig, coming to the crowd as much as possible.. was immense.. amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I didn't get it in in time for Wounds (I hate what I've seen/heard but was gonna watch them before I totally make up my mind as my brother loves them, but missed them anyway and I don't really care :pac:), might watch at download if there's nothing else on.

Hacktivist were cool, I really liked the EP and was looking forward to it but had heard nothing but bad things about them since the start of the tour, but I thought they were really cool last night. Rou coming on for the new song was cool.

Shikari were class, I was so pleased they were playing Havoc B and Arguing with thermometers sounded class. Kind of annoyed we didn't even get half the stage/light show they get in the bigger venues but what can ya do. Met them a few hours later as well Chris was fucked :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I went to the Derry show. Thought Wounds were a bit pants tbh, but that might more be because they aren't my sort of thing than anything else.

Hacktivist were the highlight of the night for me! People who said they weren't very good must not have ears or something :P. Enter Shikari were good, yer man was crowdsurfing on an amp - I took a picture here; http://instagram.com/p/YyVnwctaI0/

Overall was a good night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I went to the Derry show. Thought Wounds were a bit pants tbh, but that might more be because they aren't my sort of thing than anything else.

Hacktivist were the highlight of the night for me! People who said they weren't very good must not have ears or something :P. Enter Shikari were good, yer man was crowdsurfing on an amp - I took a picture here; http://instagram.com/p/YyVnwctaI0/

Overall was a good night!

He crowd surfed on his guitar in Cork haha

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Can't go wrong with a Shikari gig, satisfaction guaranteed :pac:

For the record, I missed Wounds (but I've seen them before, and they're fairly shocking) but Hacktivist were a pleasant surprise.

Ericaa wrote: »
    He crowd surfed on his guitar in Cork haha
    didnt he just use a piece of timber or something? have it on video :D

didnt he just use a piece of timber or something? have it on video :D
    Rou surfed on timber from the side of the pit and then at the end of the set rory did off his guitar :)

Advertisement