Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beginer dance classes for adult men

• 01-01-2013 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

hi all i'm looking to find dance lessons in dublin, basicly hip hop or anything that i can use in a night club. i'm a lead guitarist so i understand the consept of rythem and counting out beats but yet when t comes down to dancing i look like an idiot haha so i would to find somewhere that can teach dance to beginners.

i'm not asking for a place strictly for men allot of the places i found when searching the web were for women and allot were also fitness and weight loss orientated which i don't need. so i'd like to be able to dance masculine

also i'm unsure if i posted this in the right place, please advise me otherwise.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Im in the process of figuring this one out for myself at the moment. I know this person gives one-to-one lessons:

dancevive@gmail.com

Not sure about rates, but it being one-to-one I cant imagine it'd be too cheap.
    It seems theres absolutley nowhere that gives lessons on how to dance regular, like you do on a night out. Which to me is baffling as there are so many blokes I know who would love to be able to dance on a night out, without looking like twats. I'd go so far as to say there'd be less alcohol abuse in this country if more people were confident in their dancing abilities sober. Anyway personally Im gonna do Hip hop dancing as there seems to be a lot of places teaching it. Not a fan of hip hop music but if I can learn to dance with some skill at the end of 6 weeks, Im sold. The national dance academy in temple bar have recieved good word of mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 metrobro

hey man cheers for getting back, yea i'm thinking of the same now, hip hop classes. maybe if we get good we can start a casual dance class company for basic nightclub dance

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dancevive

Hey there,

I'm not sure if it was one of you who was e-mailing me? I'd be willing to start a class if you knew others interested? I have taught guys how to dance just for nights out and others for their weddings, just basic moves that go to most 4/4 music. I have just done one to one classes in the past but I would do a group class if you wanted as it would keep the cost down.

I hope this helps, if you have any other queries sure let me know!

Kind regards,

Caitríona

Advertisement