Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Hard Drive????

Options
  • 01-01-2013 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Hi! I'm looking to buy a hard drive so that I can put all of my movies onto rather than buying all the dvd's I can put them onto a hard drive.
    I have been looking at them on pc world etc. and some for 60 quid which I would be happy to pay. These 60 quid one's are 500 GB ones so I was wondering how much Movies could you store on the hard drive of 500 GB. I'm getting one so that I can plug it into the back of my tv.
    I have a 50 INCH hd samsung, but no usb at the back, only HDMI. Do these hard drives come with USB to hook up to the TV or what?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

You'd have to buy a media player if it doesn't have a USB port. I wouldn't be able to make a recommendation on those, though.

Alternatively, look up the TV model. If bought recently, it might be a smart TV and it may offer a network video streaming feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭RodgersLFC

Regarding the hard drive, you'd get a 1TB USB external hard drive for around 80 euro online. Try www.dabs.ie.

Not a great authority on media drives though unfortunately, sorry.

Advertisement