Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebooted games

• 02-01-2013 12:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

After playing seeing X-Com being on alot of websites top 10's of 2012 it got me thinking what other games i would like to see get the reboot treatment.

Summoner 2 (PS1)
    Not to old but i would really like to see another game in the same vein as this game. The first Summoner game was pretty much your generic fantasy RPG but the sequel introduced some sci-fi elements and the weird and wonderful and it really meshed well. Would prefer a 3rd game set in the same vein instead of a direct reboot.

Vagrant Story (PS1)
    Not much to say here as its a pretty obvious choice to anyone who has played and enjoyed this game. Im sure something really interesting could be done with the combat system to make it feel more "modern"

Soul Reaver series
    Do anything, ill buy it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Body Harvest

/thread :D

Seriously Rockstar have to do that game!!! Its the game that made Free Roaming* brilliantly fun.

*not exactly the 1st

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

battlezone 3d

with the power in modern machines.. what they could do with battlezone...my god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Two Psygnosis games: G-Police:Weapons Of Justice and Colony Wars:Red Sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Freespace 3, bring it on.

Homeworld. Amazing space RTS at the time.

Big plus 1 on G-Police and Colony Wars. Fantastic games and no one has ever come near any of them since.

Never happen though, for the past 7 years all developers are churning out are FPS games, boring. Bring back the variety in games we had in the 1990s to the early 2000s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,714 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Futurecop. The Player vs. Skycaptain mode was addicting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Syphon Filter

I ****ing loved that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭recyclops

i would love a reboot or remake of XIII

Loved that game and the cliffhanger at the end.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Dune (the strategy game) - Loved the universe and the fact Sandworms were pain in the behind; definitly room for a new release
    Red Alert (done properly) - What's not to love? The last version released (mobile base one) was such a poor game I'm sorry to admitt having played it. Bring back base building I say!
    Dawn of War - While 2 was ok and 1 was better it still needs a third to combine the best of them and continue the story
    Fallout - Yes we got Las Vegas etc. but it's time to get another one instead of resting on laurels

I considered adding the likes of Eye of the Beholder etc. but honestly with Legends of Grimor, Infinity etc. coming I think there are some real spiritual followers coming already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Road Rash, with rag doll physics, 16-32 human players per race and a track editor.

Do it EA *shakes fist* Dooo it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Centipede! Or the old "Roland" series... Roland On the Ropes, Roland In The Caves... so many options!!! :pac:

Seriously though, TimeSplitters needs... well not rebooted as such, but either a remake (preferably of TimeSplitters 2!) or a new sequel which keeps the same gameplay/style/sense of humour as the old games! There is a petition to get TimeSplitters 2 remade, with a view to using it to push for a sequel: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/crytek-uk-create-a-timesplitters-hd-collection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Army men (ps1) - I loved that game back then. One of the nerd rage games, but still such a great game.

Jagged alliance - as a proper turn based strategy, not that shiet we got with back in action. Xcom did it, did quite nice. So it's possible.

Homeworld - yup, nothing needs to be said.

Black and white - loved those games. Such a shame it was abandoned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Daikatana, was such an epic game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

System Shock (1 & 2) - imagine them done with the graphical style of Dead Space?

Ultima Underworld (1 & 2) - Both 20 years old last year, and way ahead of their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

X-Com would've been top of my list, but that's been satisfied.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Body Harvest

Man, the hours I spent on that game. Would consider picking up another N64 just to play it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Pong & Pac Man. The old classics.

I'd love to see 3D versions of games like Turrican and Wizball (C64). Would be amazing. Actually, there was a load of fantastic games for the C64/ZX Spectrum/Amiga that would be perfect for a reboot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Still waiting for a Syndicate reboot. What EA did with the series the other year was shameful. Not a bad FPS, but a terrible Syndicate game.

I'd love to see new games in the style of Another World or Flashback, all in snazzy HD graphics...

The HD overhaul of Another World done a couple of years back looked great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I'm not sure Homeworld needs to be rebooted so much as it needs a sequel that's worthy of the original.

I second G-Police.

Also, Discworld.

Command and Conquer. It's been on the slide a bit. Back to basics I say!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Gbear wrote: »
    Command and Conquer. It's been on the slide a bit. Back to basics I say!
    Blocking the enemy with sandbag walls? :P

original C&C the AI would never destroy walls so you could wall in safe areas with sandbags or any other type of wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Freedom Fighters on PS2. I loved that game.

Also more Populous games would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Grim Fandango. Just a re-release even, so it will run on my pc. Lost the cd's years ago.

blaa85 wrote: »
    Grim Fandango. Just a re-release even, so it will run on my pc. Lost the cd's years ago.

If you find them, there's an installer that will install, no-CD mod, and patch the game for you:
    http://quickandeasysoftware.net/software/grim-fandango-setup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Darvich wrote: »
    Road Rash, with rag doll physics, 16-32 human players per race and a track editor.

Do it EA *shakes fist* Dooo it...

http://shogungamer.com/news/leaked-footage-perhaps-cancelled-road-rash-game

:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Reboot/Remake/Make sequel to Homeworld, Freespace, and Baldurs Gate (done properly) and i'd be a happy man.

Also, a remake of Sacrifice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Nody wrote: »
    Blocking the enemy with sandbag walls? :P

original C&C the AI would never destroy walls so you could wall in safe areas with sandbags or any other type of wall

why just bother with safe areas, you could surround the enemy base with walls...abd the start dropping turrets/towers inside the base:eek:

but would love to see another homeworld game.... a proper C&C would be nice too, I refuse to acknowledge c&C4 or that crappy browser version they have...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Magic Carpet could be a very interesting game to re-do I think.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Tie Fighter/X-Wing. It's time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Legacy of Kain series.
    Yes some were a little dodgy - but the story line was just brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ff7

Advertisement