Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebooted games

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Pong & Pac Man. The old classics.

I'd love to see 3D versions of games like Turrican and Wizball (C64). Would be amazing. Actually, there was a load of fantastic games for the C64/ZX Spectrum/Amiga that would be perfect for a reboot.
    Have you played Pac-Man Championship Edition DX? Good fun, great soundtrack too.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

SSMTV...

im thinking an fps remake, with multiplayer battling for prizes and cash bonuses!!! could be epic.

Chaos Engine...

Loved the characters and the gameplay was mad craic!! could be redone with a dishonoured style-steampunk setting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd love to see what a modern day version of GODS, the Bitmap Brothers classic, would be like today. Would it just be another God Of War clone? Or would it be a HD platform brawler?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,426 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Red Alert

Creatures

Soul Reaver series (and I haven't even played that).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Urban Chaos: Riot Response - With the power of today's machines it could be great.

The Warriors - Just a brilliant game, deserves a sequel.

Tenchu - I don't think there's been a current gen one (aside from the upgraded port at the start of the 360's life), really enjoyed all those games.

Rollcage - Why hasn't this been done yet...

Destruction Derby 2 - Played that game to death on the PS1!

Also, +1 for LoK, G-Police, TimeSplitters (pre-Future Perfect), Road Rash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Taltos wrote: »
    Legacy of Kain series.
    Yes some were a little dodgy - but the story line was just brilliant.
    Completely agree, which is precisely why I don't want to see it rebooted. As much as I'd love to see some of the older games remade, I feel it's story has already been told. :o

To be honest I'm not sure what reboot really means in the context of video games. I mean, would I love to see new versions of Battlezone, Homeworld and Freespace? You're god damn right I would, but are they necessarily reboots? I guess a reboot would be new iterations of those games which ignore the previous ones and do their own thing but staying true to the originals? Whereas a remake would be the older games just remade in new engines with slightly updated mechanics? And a reimaging would be, quality issue aside, something along the lines of Starbreeze's Syndicate?

Advertisement