Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help setting up an access point using a second router

Options
  • 02-01-2013 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I have a Vodafone wireless router but my desktop does not have a wireless network interface. So my plan is to use a Belkin F6D4230-4 v1 Wireless router as an access point and use a CAT5 cable to connect my desktop to the Belkin router and have the Belkin router route traffic to the Vodafone wireless router.

The IP address of the Vodafone router is 10.11.12.1 and I set the IP address of the Belkin router to 10.11.12.2.

The DHCP range of the Vodafone router is 10.11.12.3 to 10.11.12.100.

There is a setting on the Belkin router to set it up as an access point and you just set the IP Address and Subnet mask. When you set this setting the DHCP is disabled and all firewall and NAT is turned off.

The set-up is not working and I am not sure what else to try. The Vodafone router has security set-up and my guess is that the Belkin router is being blocked from connecting to the Vodafone router but I don't seem to be able to set the Vodafone connection security on the Belkin router.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Try connecting to a lan port, not the wan

Advertisement