Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1: Superbowl

Options
  • 02-01-2013 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Washington Redskins -v- New York Jets/Kansas City Chiefs

I'm sticking this up now in the hope we can get it done Friday.

I'm around Friday at 9:30/10 to play the Superbowl. Would both of you be around for that if you were to win?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Bump lads? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

If I'm in the Super Bowl I won't be able to do Friday or Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

If its me I am not sure about Friday night ( its possible I might be able to play if I am not going out that night ). Saturday at the moment would be ok for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

If I'm in the Super Bowl I won't be able to do Friday or Saturday
    I think I'll be up for the Chiefs so :pac:

Ben, can't do Friday night. Can do Saturday afternoon evening night.

• Advertisement

At a 21st Berty on Saturday and the NFL is on too.

Want to do Monday at 10?

Yep Monday at 10 is perfect.

Just like old times Ben, although I really cannot believe I got the Chiefs to this stage. Hope its a good game at least, every one we have played have been absolute crackers.

Berty44 wrote: »
    Yep Monday at 10 is perfect.

Just like old times Ben, although I really cannot believe I got the Chiefs to this stage. Hope its a good game at least, every one we have played have been absolute crackers.

I'm just delighted I've a QB this time :D My last Superbowls were with Cassell and Locker at Quarterback. RGIII is a ridiculous upgrade to those. I've been struggling with the run D This year though so it should be a cracker as usual!!

Dying for this game Bert. Wish we could do it today :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

KC%20Chiefs%20Football%20Club.jpg9c42bae37cb96c235d1e6c1136ba7920.jpg

Cream rises to the top and it's no surprise to see these two GM's take their team to the Superbowl

Unlike Skip, my analysis is purely by the numbers, let have a look
    dallas-d-fence-fan.jpg

Chiefs
    The Chiefs have a defense that is as Stout as Arthur's finest!
    2nd only to the Jets in rush & pass defense and are top five in sacks (49) and and ints (46). We also have 8 fumble recoveries, about league average
    Can you get more well balanced then this?

We have a few probowlers and we start with big man Dontari Poe. 345lbs, I'd say he enjoys a pint of stout.
    Justin Houston at LOLB is the complement, a speedy rusher.
    The secondary can feel snubbed to be excluded!

Redskins
    A shade behind the Chiefs, maybe due to facing the best division in all of football, AFC North? :cool:
    This team is 3rd in yds allowed and this is consistent, just a shade behind the Chiefs in both run & pass, they did allow 4 points less but over a season that is nothing, a tiny margin.
    Not quite the big play machine like the Chiefs, outside the top 5.
    15th in sacks (35) and 9th in ints (39) and also a shade above the Chiefs with 10 fumble recoveries.

One pro bowler here , Chris Wilson LOLB with a healthy 11 sacks.
    RGIII possibly counts as he has a forced fumble against a Browns defensive back :pac:

It's worth noting that 3 of top 5 in the league for fumble recoveries are the Bengals, Steelers and Browns. It's because the AFC North is the hardest hitting division :cool:

iPad%20NFL%20screenshot.jpg
    Chiefs

Now here is a high flying offense, second in offensive yds only to the mighty Titans.
    17th in passing yds doesn't sound so hot but a very hot 3rd in rushing yds, only Adrian Peterson and MJD led teams ahead.
    The Chiefs are not an elite passing team, Cassell has 23 TD's but 21 picks. But I won't be harsh, 87.0 QB rating is decent.

The real strength of this team is Jamaal Charles with 28 TD's. 28?? :eek:
    And Madden hero Peyton Hillis with 7.
    Awesome run game so let's credit the Olineman too.
    Jon Asamoah at RG and Eric Winston at RT with a combined 24 pancakes, some teams don't have that for all 5 starters!

A few probowlers and we start with Jamaal Charles, fastest player in the league?
    A HB is nothing with his lineman and Eric Winston was selected at right tackle.
    Dwayne Bowe WR also selected, I suspect he does a lot of blocking too on defensive backs, big man.
    Wait, who the hell is Devon Wylie, the Chiefs rookie WR? :confused: Well he's popular and did well to be elected to the pro bowl. Has the Chiefs GM found a gem?
    Ah now, I almost forget Matt Cassell, yes he's a pro bowler too. That does sound strange!

Redskins
    Washington are 9th overall in offensive yards, 6th in passing and 15th in rushing.
    Does this give an advantage to the Chiefs? Put on the defensive backs? It'll be a chess match for sure;)

RGIII with a ridiculous 128.5 QB rating, 42 TD's and 15 picks. One hell of a passing attack.

Run game not so strong, the GM goes running by committee, Roy Helu Jr didn't crack 1,000 yds.
    Lawfirm got 46 carries but a not so impressive 2.9 yds per carry.
    RGIII averaged just under 4 rushes per game and is good at 4.3 yds per carry

Redskins have a few names starting with that man RGIII and his go to guy Santana Moss.
    But we won't forget the run game and young Darrel Young at fullback and Jake Scott at RG are vital too

Special teams
    Both GM's are old pros and know the value of special teams
    Both kickers Ryan Succop and Billy Cundiff elected to the pro-bowl.
    Other GM's take note! This is an area for you to improve

Conclusion

It's the Chiefs run game and the Redskins passing attack to watch here.
    So it's clear to all the Chiefs must keep it close and pound the rock, pound it!

If the Redskins can get a lead then RGIII is super efficient and the Redskins D is top 10.
    The game must not be put on Cassell's shoulders, Chiefs have to run and control the clock.

The Chiefs have a superb run D but I don't think they'll be tested against the run, instead they must contain RGIII and crush him.

So I'm not looking to leading tackler Derrick Johnson MLB.
    Justin Houston (26 sacks) and Dontari Poe (17 sacks) must be beasts here and disrupt the Redskins passing attack. Time to step up in the big game.

So who will be a hero and who will want to curl up and cry?
    Ticker-dkaz-537x402.jpgalg-dolphins-jets-sanchez-ground-jpg.jpg
    These games are tight and nervous

Give me the Chiefs + 6

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Best of Luck to the 2 finalists later.

I would love to be in new orleans for the build up, i'd say the atmosphere is electric already :D.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Will be an epic game thats for sure!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Is this post season still going on? I'm well into off-season mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Hoped it would have turned out better but having real upc problems, muppets, so couldn't actually get access to much footage or pics...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

So, who's winning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

7 -5 ben in the second

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

5? A safety?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    5? A safety?

must be i checked it a few times to make sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Score ?

CHIEFS WIN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

sounds so weird saying Chiefs won.... anywho

Well done to both teams for getting so far! unfortunately only one champ! Congrats to the Chiefs!

P.S you heard it here first.... Kurt Warner is heading to Minnesota.

Congratulations Berty, and hard luck Ben!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Unlucky Ben.

Well done Berty, terrific achievement winning the Super Bowl with that Chiefs team. Jesus, what are we gonna have to do on Madden 14? Make Berty play with a team only compiled of free agents???

Arghhhh, what a game. Bert is going to do a write up but it was a nip and tuck game. His game plan was quality, keeping RGIII off the field and not allowing me to get anything going. Think I got 5 possessions in the whole game which is a testament to how Berty played. The game had an unbelievable finish.

I had 45 seconds and no timeouts to go 89 yards down the field. RGIII complete to Moss for 29 yards, RGIII complete to Davis for 15 yards, RGIII complete to Morgan for 39 yards, RGIII to Davis for 5 yards. 29+15+39+5=88 yards :(

Great game Bert. We now both stand on 3 superbowls each :)

Advertisement