Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Darts tournaments coming up

• 02-01-2013 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All, Can any Darts players let me know if there are any local tournaments

coming up in Dublin soon, i want to enter a few comps as iv been

practising well and would like to build confidence playing against some good throwers,

Thanks All.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭btx170

Competition every Saturday 5pm in the Bridge Inn, Chapelizod. 3x601 games Double start. Final 5x601. 10 Euro entrance fee. 300 Euro prize money guaranteed weekly. Points awarded based on performance. After 12 weeks top 20 qualifiers play off for prize fund of 1200 Euro. This Saturday 5th January is the 7th week of the Competition so there is still plenty of time to qualify for overall finals. This competition is an ideal platform for inexperienced players to test their ability competitively.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tomherrity1

Is there any 501 games/leagues/tournaments in south dublin area. I am also a darts fan who really wants to get better and better. I play at home alot but cant find many interested darts players or leagues around. Any help would be appreciated

What part of South Dublin do you live in? Should be able to direct you to a few Darts Pubs. Leagues are half over for this season so it would be too late to sign up for a team. Drop over to the Bridge Inn some Saturday and I will sort you out with relevant info

Im in palmerstown. Yea ill pop down and check it out. Im not to familar with the 601 format thats all i was really concernes about.

Bridge Inn could be your local so. Drop in Saturday. No need to fear the double start. It is good practice and gives you a chance against anyone if you get away first. Remember finishing is a big part of the game. Hence I deliberately incorporate the Double start into competitions as it improves the players overall performance.

• Advertisement

Ok great ill definitely come down so and have a look. What kind of averages or standard is it. I imagine its quite a good standard so im sure id be very crap in comparison. I play alot but only at home with friends

The overall standard is very good but there are plenty of young and not so young inexperienced players who enter. Indeed most of the better players in Dublin would have started off playing in this type of tournament. The best way to improve your game is to play better players than yourself. Besides Phil Taylor will not be there. A bit of advice learn to play the dartboard not the man. Do not be afraid of players just concentrate on your own game. If you play well then it is not important whether you win or lose. The difference between the best player and the rest is consistency and consistency only comes with competitive experience. Once you get that consistency you start winning.

Thanks for the great advice ive been learning the board and trying to up my game but i feel im stuck at a level now and i knwo i can progress but i know that only comes with playing better people. Ill drop down. What time should i go down for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 finne02

Hi there,

Are these tournaments still going every Saturday? I was looking online for darts comps in dublin and the bridge inn keeps coming up. Do I need to register or just turn up?

Advertisement