Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wellington Road

Options
  • 02-01-2013 4:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Is Wellington road a good, safe area to live?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

cantdecide wrote: »

Beat Me to it,..Just found the link...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭vrobot

noonan23 wrote: »
    Is Wellington road a good, safe area to live?.

It's a really nice part of the city and great location for town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Any of my friends that rented there had huge problems with dampness..You've been warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Any of my friends that rented there had huge problems with dampness..You've been warned.

Any ground floor flat up here gets it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

very good point, these are pretty much all old properties in that area, many wouldnt be kept to a great standard. Its very important to be suspicious they may repaint just before you move in to hide the mould/damp be careful. Alot of people dont think mould is a serious issue but it can cause real serious health issues .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Alot of people dont think mould is a serious issue but it can cause real serious health issues .

Best example being Brittany Murphy and her husband who died within 6 months of each other from acute pneumonia and severe anemia,
    with the cause in both cases believed to be Toxic Mould.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Best example being Brittany Murphy and her husband who died within 6 months of each other from acute pneumonia and severe anemia,

Well, that makes me nervous, because I live in a really damp flat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Coroner: No indication mold killed Brittany Murphy or Simon Monjack

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- A coroner's investigator dismissed online speculation that the pneumonia deaths of actress Brittany Murphy and her husband, Simon Monjack, may both have been related to viral mold inside their Los Angeles home.

"There were no indicators that it was from mold," Los Angeles County Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said Monday.

Murphy, 32, and Monjack, 39, died five months apart in the same bedroom of the home they shared with the actress' mother, Sharon Murphy, in Hollywood Hills.

The preliminary autopsy concluded that Monjack's death May 23 was caused by acute pneumonia and severe anemia, "just like Brittany," Winter said last week.

Murphy died December 20 from a combination of pneumonia, an iron deficiency and multiple drug intoxication, a coroner said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/07/26/murphy.monjack.mold/index.html

Faith wrote: »
    Me too.It seems a lot of buildings have this problem in cork.

• Advertisement

I lived in an apartment with damp / very slight signs of mould and i suffered from
    1. Tickling at the back of throat while sleeping
    2. Allergic reaction which caused breathing difficulty
    3. Runny nose/flu like symptoms.

The worst was the allergic reaction, i would imagine it would be similar to an asthma attack , my throat felt like it was narrowing alot.....
    I dont have any severe allergies and without a doubt it was the mould causing it.

I lived in an apartment with damp / very slight signs of mould and i suffered from

The worst was the allergic reaction, i would imagine it would be similar to an asthma attack , my throat felt like it was narrowing alot.....
    I dont have any severe allergies and without a doubt it was the mould causing it.
    Has all of the above cleared up since you moved ?

Has all of the above cleared up since you moved ?
    Yes, i would even notice a difference if i stayed at home in my parents for a few days and then stayed in the damp apartment for a few

I have the exact same symptoms. Myself and my OH are crippled with sneezing and allergy symptoms, and he's suffering more than me with sinus issues. We're home for Christmas and those symptoms have cleared up completely.

At least we'll only be in the flat for another 6 months or so...

I have the exact same symptoms. Myself and my OH are crippled with sneezing and allergy symptoms, and he's suffering more than me with sinus issues. We're home for Christmas and those symptoms have cleared up completely.

At least we'll only be in the flat for another 6 months or so...
    Honestly i would be out the door that flat isnt fit for living in , people should stick up more to the landlord in such situations. I know easier said than done, but dont take these symptoms lightly.

Honestly i would be out the door that flat isnt fit for living in , people should stick up more to the landlord in such situations. I know easier said than done, but dont take these symptoms lightly.

It's not that easy. We're not living in Cork anymore, we're in the UK in a town where there's *very* limited housing. We're also students so we'll only be there for another 6 months or so. I've asked in the Accommodation forum if there's anything we can do.

But my flat is wildly off-topic, sorry to the OP!

Advertisement