Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bike show in march at rds

• 02-01-2013 9:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

is it worth the spin from way out west? want a new lid so was thinking that there might be a few bargains to be had?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I'd say so.

Looking fw to it this year myself. Picked up a few bits of body protection last time out; on the hunt for some boots this time.

Babe of the year looks like good craic ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Was at it a few times and I have to say, I was disappointed every time. BUT, like you said - you can get bargains at it. It's the same bike show that's in King's Hall in Belfast and the NEC in Birmingham, but it's scaled down for Dublin, so a lot of it is missing.

Having said that, if you've never been you might like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

The Belfast one is on the 8th Feb also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

markad1 wrote: »
    The Belfast one is on the 8th Feb also

Any link for that one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭gipi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

serious3 wrote: »
    is it worth the spin from way out west? want a new lid so was thinking that there might be a few bargains to be had?
    Any excuse for a spin! Where in the west are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

clifden, cant get much further west!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Thats pretty west alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Any excuse for a spin! Where in the west are you?

That's pretty much it imho. Good excuse to go for a spin. But in my experience the best part of the bike show by a mile is the car (or bike) park outside. If the weather is good you see an amazing selection of stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I haven't gone in years, any time I did I always thought it was just ok, nothing special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Im gonna try get a few quid together and go to it.
    I badly need a new jacket and pants and from what im told there are usually good bargains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I am going to try and go on the last day to try and get the good bargains just before they packup...*cue evil laugh

MWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Bring cash with you to this lads.

The UK shops will accept euros but if you use a card to pay then your bank will charge you a currency conversion rate.

Cash is king! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I am going to try and go on the last day to try and get the good bargains just before they packup...*cue evil laugh

MWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If your up for buying the ****e that's left any nobody else wanted thats grand :P

Gary me auld flower, its thinking like that...that will get me the bargain mate. Have you any Idea the size of the companies we are dealing with here. There will be plenty of stock left after 2 days mate.

I do it at the road races aswell for the ?Yamaha and Honda Teams fleece tops and get them for alot cheaper...I am telling you it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Odysseus wrote: »
    I haven't gone in years, any time I did I always thought it was just ok, nothing special.

I went to Motorcycle Live in Excel, London, Feb last year - was good - the Excel is a top-class spot tbf - the oul RDS wouldn't get a look-in. Mind you, not all the mfrs had a full display.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

1-3 of march incase anybodys wondering!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Picked up a pair of kevlar jeans last time out but lets just say I "fit a wider saddle" now so might head to this :)

Too many quality street mate....I know the feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

galwaytt wrote: »
    I went to Motorcycle Live in Excel, London, Feb last year - was good - the Excel is a top-class spot tbf - the oul RDS wouldn't get a look-in. Mind you, not all the mfrs had a full display.

My best experience at the RDS was doing my first bungee jump at one of the bike shows, if that facility was there again I might go this year.

You will always get a good atmosphere when you have a large group of people who are interested in bikes together.

Advertisement