Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Solved] Pink/Cyan Hue on Video

• 02-01-2013 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am using an Acer Revo RL70, AMD E-Series Processor E-450, ATI Radeon™ HD 6300 with XBMCbuntu on a Sony Bravia LCD TV via HDMI.

Occasionally when I am using XBMC the screen will be fine and then suddenly the colours will go funky and they will have a pink or cyan hue. It usually fixes itself within a few seconds, but the times it doesn't changing source (say from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 and back) fixes the problem.

I have tried two different HDMI cables with it and I still have the problem. I have also played the PS3 using the cables and I never get the problem with this.

I have tried searching the site and the net and I can't find any answers. Can anyone shed some light on the issue and suggest a fix? The constant need to change video source is quite annoying. :P

EDIT: Got this fixed.

I had the resolution lower than 1920x1080 (around 1500x100 or something) which meant I couldn't set the refresh rate to 60Hz. This was due to overscan on the screen. Removed the overscan on 1920x1080 and set the refresh rate to 60.

In addition, I changed the colour settings. It was on YPbPr 4:4:4 (or something similar). I changed this to RGB 4:4:4 Full RGB (Standard) (or something to that effect).

A combination of these settings fixed my problem.

Advertisement