Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebook reader issues - item thought to be new was pre-owned

Options
  • 02-01-2013 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just wanted to ask a quick question. I bought an ebook reader as a Christmas present from a bookshop. The item was stored separately to the original box and was put into the box by the store assistant when I purchased it.

On St. Stephen's Day we started to charge the ebook reader and set-up an account with the company in order to buy ebooks and modify settings. To our surprise the message came up that this ebook was already linked to another email address. And when we proceeded we found information that said that the ebook reader was last updated with a book about 6 weeks before I actually bought it.

At this point we stopped and put everything back in the box. I have not been able to contact the book store yet as they seem to be closed until next week. However, I would like to return the ebook reader as it is clearly not new but was owned by someone before. The price on it was reduced but the reason given for me at the time by two store assistants was that they wanted to clear the stock as they got the newer model in. They never mentioned that it was pre-owned as I would definitely not have bought it then.

Would it be a problem returning it for a refund together with it's cover which I now found out doesn't fit either as it is for the newer model?

Comments

Advertisement