Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12V lights in Powerpoint Cooker Hood (model CXW-198-96)

Options
  • 02-01-2013 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Just looking for a bit of advice. The lights stopped working in my Powerpoint Cooker Hood (model CXW-198-96).

I reckoned the transformer had gone faulty. The transformer output was AC12V 2x20W.

I have replaced this with a new transformer I have which is:
    ET-PARROT 105/240 I
    11.7V
    Electronic Transformer 35-105W

One of the bulbs needs replacing so for today, I've just wired up one of the lights and it works fine.

My questions are:
    Is this transformer suitable?
    Can I connect the second light into the same transformer or is it better to wire another transformer in for this?

Thanks, John.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

you don't need another transformer anyhow

it's rated for the 2 lamps

modification with non manuf. parts is prob a grey area

• Registered Users Posts: 15 johninho

Thanks for the reply.

I understand your point on the replacement with non manufacturer parts, but I've tried to get a replacement transformer with no luck.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

johninho wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

I understand your point on the replacement with non manufacturer parts, but I've tried to get a replacement transformer with no luck.

Thanks again.
    prob no big deal with a electronic trafo here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭whizbang

Electronic Transformer 35-105W
    = 35W min, to 105W max
    transformer output was AC12V 2x20W.

I presume the lamps are 20W each
    so you need the 2 bulbs for correct operation of the new transformer.
    - it may work ok, but when there's not enough load on these transformers, they often do strange things, like flickering, buzzing, blowing bulbs and even blowing themselves up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 johninho

whizbang wrote: »
    = 35W min, to 105W max

I presume the lamps are 20W each
    so you need the 2 bulbs for correct operation of the new transformer.
    - it may work ok, but when there's not enough load on these transformers, they often do strange things, like flickering, buzzing, blowing bulbs and even blowing themselves up.

Ah right!

Thanks for that. Two lamps are working fine at the moment, so I suppose I could have problems when one of the bulbs go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement