Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Money in Vietnam

• 02-01-2013 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi all,

Traveling to Vietnam for two weeks (Hoi An mainly) and I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on the best way to bring money?

I'm presuming that ATMs aren't too plentiful. So I was wondering if I should bring travelers cheques? If I bring travelers cheques are there places where I can cash them easily and should I bring them in US dollars or would euros be ok?

I'll be coming from Bangkok but I don't want to have lots of cash on me so I might change some money to Dong there.

Appreciate any advice!

LI

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Hi all,

Traveling to Vietnam for two weeks (Hoi An mainly) and I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on the best way to bring money?

I'm presuming that ATMs aren't too plentiful. So I was wondering if I should bring travelers cheques? If I bring travelers cheques are there places where I can cash them easily and should I bring them in US dollars or would euros be ok?

I'll be coming from Bangkok but I don't want to have lots of cash on me so I might change some money to Dong there.

Appreciate any advice!

LI

Atms shouldnt be an issue in any of the bigger cities and most will give cash in Usd! Hoi An/Hue/Da Nang are fine but bring USD cash not travellers cheques, handiest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

ATMs are everywhere..they mostly give out up to 3 million dong (120 euro) but there was an ATM on the Cu Dai road in Hoin that gave 4 million (it saves money if you take out more together as its less of a transaction fee...although in fairness its not expensive anyway)....US dollars are accepted in almost every shop/restaurant bar (most places give prices in Dong and dollars)...if you pay in dollars you will get change in dong anyway !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

ATM all the way, bring some cash as back up....if you really want to bring travellers cheques take them in $ you get better rate, but cash is king really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭lorem ipsum

Thanks for all the replies! Its much easier to get cash from ATMs then than I thought it would be!

They're everywhere.. Any city touristed or not will have an Agribank Atm that works.

• Advertisement
Advertisement