Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prendeville/Ring scorcher summer

Options
  • 02-01-2013 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭

So, radio fans, what do ye make of the Prendeville show this am and the chat with weather guru Ken Ring, he is predicting a hot dry summer followed by a drought and water shortages.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

when I saw 'Prenderville' and 'Ring scorcher' in the one sentence I thought this was going to be good:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,904 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Loada Bollíx. It will be wet one day, dry the next and a bit sunny the day after before going back to rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

It must be true. It just made the lunchtime headlines on 96FM.... on slow news day:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Righto.

What was that I saw flying past? I do believe it was a pink pig!! :D

This is Jan 2nd, not April 1st...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Righto.

What was that I saw flying past? I do believe it was a pink pig!! :D

I saw that too.....It was wearing a wonder woman outfit. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

MrFrisp wrote: »
    I saw that too.....It was wearing a wonder woman outfit. :D

I thought I heard the theme tune from Star Wars there... too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Slightly off topic (sorry op) but I'm not from cork so I never even heard his show. But do callers ever being up that "incident" :D on air?
    I heard he was sort of a Joe Duffy show, and he didn't like callers that disagreed with him. If he was shouting over me in an argument, trying to take the high moral ground, the temptation would just be too much to mention that air lingus flight and the nurofen plus!

Cienciano wrote: »
    Slightly off topic (sorry op) but I'm not from cork so I never even heard his show. But do callers ever being up that "incident" :D on air?
    I heard he was sort of a Joe Duffy show, and he didn't like callers that disagreed with him. If he was shouting over me in an argument, trying to take the high moral ground, the temptation would just be too much to mention that air lingus flight and the nurofen plus!

I don't think it's ever been brought up as of late. And why should it?

It happened a good while back now,,and when he returned to air,,He dealt with it...People had their say,,and it's over and done with.

You'd only be having a personal dig at the guy to bring that up again to be honest.

What's a "Joe Duffy" ?

cantdecide wrote: »
    I thought I heard the theme tune from Star Wars there... too

I thought I heard that too....Was going to turn down the radio until I realised it wasn't on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Hot Summer? Any excuse for Neilox to take the kacks off again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Cienciano wrote: »

Nah, it brought him down to earth a bit all right. Besides even if someone did, all radio shows are on a time delay in case of people acting the maggot on air.

But, In the words of that movie The Hangover: 'It's not illegal, it's just frowned upon like.......'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Prendeville. Its spelt Prendeville.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

nope, it's Prenderville, Niall Prenderville

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

gimmick wrote: »
    Prendeville. Its spelt Prendeville.

Changed, I had to double check the website. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Leave Neil alone hes a harmless creature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

I suppose it is the bleakest time of the year and they have to fill up up the airwaves with something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

mikeym wrote: »
    Leave Neil alone hes a harmless creature.

The producers deserve a lot of the blame for the quality of the show

Doing themselves no favor with the likes of:

- psychic mediums
    - white witches
    - xenophobic stories from people who've never worked a day of their lives
    - Multi-Marketing Schemes involving web ads where people can't withdraw the money they've 'earned' without losing most to commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

MrFrisp wrote: »
    I don't think it's ever been brought up as of late. And why should it?

It happened a good while back now,,and when he returned to air,,He dealt with it...People had their say,,and it's over and done with.

You'd only be having a personal dig at the guy to bring that up again to be honest.

What's a "Joe Duffy" ?

Why should it be brought up? Because it's hilarious! I'd definitely bring it up if he was being an arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

... Multi-Marketing Schemes involving web ads where people can't withdraw the money they've 'earned' without losing most to commission ...

I'd only listen for a few minutes by accident every few months, but I heard him him on about this recently, the man still doesn't seem to understand pyramid schemes or worse, he's recklessly encouraging it for good radio.
    Otherwise, he's talking about airlines or wheelie bins :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

• Advertisement
Advertisement