Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs QPR K.O 19:45 FA Premier League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The offside goal has cost us....make no mistake it shouldnt have came down to that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Phoenix wrote: »
    Would Demba Ba do the biz if he played tonight?

He couldn't do any worse than Torres mindlessly dribbling into people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What was the odds on a QPR win before kickoff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

" I will survive" was number one in the charts the last time QPR won at SB in '79.....

Hahahaha!! ~ Love when commentary comes out with gems like that

Qpr have taken 4 points of their current 13 points against us.

Terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

most worrying thing is you do not qualify for the CL by getting beat by the bottom team in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

niallo27 wrote: »
    Stuck a sneaky Tenner ok QPR at 9/1.

Wohoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Good man Harry, you beauty :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That loss is totally on Benitez, you can't just drop Mata, Hazard and Ramirez and expect things to run smoothly. Chelsea never looked creative tonight without them.

I cant even laugh at that.

Losing to QPR is bad enough but when theyre bottom of the league its terrible.

Grinding out a reault against Everton away counts for nothing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Lol....'Arry putting in a performance to bring himself into consideration as next 'interim' manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Absolutely shocking performance, utter **** to watch.

The one thing I will say is that the sooner we sign another striker the better, Torres is robbing a living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

This negates all the good work at Goodison. Rafas back in the bad books :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Pathetic, I suppose it would have been impossible to pick up max points from the xmas games ...

we can all look forward to europa league football next season ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Commentators saying why did Rafa rest Mata and Hazzard , means nothing , our 2nd 11 should be beating QPR not a bother , awful awful display , for performances like that you shouldn't get a pay check at the end of the week , job NOT done

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Absolutely shocking performance, utter **** to watch.

The one thing I will say is that the sooner we sign another striker the better, Torres is robbing a living.

in fairness to Torres he is still worth every penny just for that camp nou goal...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

niallo27 wrote: »
    Wohoo.

Pints are on you m8 - well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Worst performance I've seen from a chelsea team in a long while.

I put it down to a combination of 2 thing's the players going into the game being overly confident thinking all they'd have to do is show up and come away with a win and resting both Mata & Hazard.

oh yeah, congrats to whover had a bet on @9-1 .... nice , what was the stake ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Chelsea always maul weak teams, can't see anything apart from an absolute hammering for 'Arrys men.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Shocking result, are Benitez and Chelsea done? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Soby wrote: »
    Commentators saying why did Rafa rest Mata and Hazzard , means nothing , our 2nd 11 should be beating QPR not a bother , awful awful display , for performances like that you shouldn't get a pay check at the end of the week , job NOT done
    If you were replacing like with like albeit not just the same standard then fair enough but the players that started tonight in their places are nothing like what was left on the bench. Every top team has a formation/tactics that they use most of the time, there was no shape, no creativity in the final third because players were being asked to play positions in a system that they are not suited to playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Where are the posters who told us rafa was a great manager? He messed up tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Dreadful. Over the course of the season there will be games like this when you are caught out for having too many passengers in your team and that is exactly what we have.

Bertrand offers practically no threat from left back, Lampard never dominated midfield in a way that a player from a big club should, Moses offered nothing and the only possible way you could have known that Torres was on the pitch in that second half is if you saw the starting line ups. On top of that Lee Mason was pretty bad, we were lucky not to have Marin sent off early but he made up for it over the course of the rest of the game as every marginal decision seemed to go QPR's way. Still a poor red performance shouldn't have been a factor in a game like this.

Demba Ba can't come soon enough, the quicker he is eligible, the sooner he breaks into the first team the better. Any half decent striker would contribute more than Torres. In tight games, close games you need your striker to occasionally produce a bit of magic, Torres looked as likely to go past someone or score for Chelsea tonight as I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Redknapp before tonight's game:
    ‘It’s different at Chelsea. He walked into a squad of players there who are Champions League winners, so you’ve got a chance.

‘You would have had to have been a real dope to have messed it up with that group. They have incredible players and Rafa is an intelligent guy.’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I was hoping Chelsea won, but still, funny result! The tabloids tomorrow will have 'Arry as the best manager in the world again

Dont really see the point in blaming Benitez, we have another hectic month filled with games, the team needed to be rotated, the only real surprise was Marin starting.

The blame has to go on the players, as has been previously mentioned, they thought they just needed to show up to get a result.

Not sour grapes but the way the commentator's were going on you'd swear QPR put in some sort of epic performance, they were utter crap, that just goes to show how bad Chelsea were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I did say it wouldnt be a walk in the park. Dodgy keeper, local derby and Harry would have them stoked up after the pool match.

You honestly cant say that we shouldnt have rested Mata and Co, there was enough quality out there, at home to win that match

That Lamps goal f**ked us up big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

I am just loving this result. It was all talk if 6 or 8 getting their goal difference up earlier. Come on you R's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Was Fabio playing LB or RB tonight?

Dont really see the point in blaming Benitez, we have another hectic month filled with games, the team needed to be rotated, the only real surprise was Marin starting.

The blame has to go on the players, as has been previously mentioned, they thought they just needed to show up to get a result.

Not sour grapes but the way the commentator's were going on you'd swear QPR put in some sort of epic performance, they were utter crap, that just goes to show how bad Chelsea were.

He rested key players before a cup weekend when he could have rested the whole team, he couldn't fire them to tear into the bottom team in the prem, he took too long to change things - i'd say that's why rafa is getting blamed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Gotta love Shaun Wright-Phillips:
    "We got what we deserved. We ain't going nowhere without a fight. There's more of that to come."

:eek:

do these people not have enough money to pay other people to check their public comments for them before they make an ass of themselves? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Cant believe that performance...

Ivanovic, Bertrand, Luiz, Marin all poor.. And Torres was our worst player again.

Cant say anyone played well except Cahill.

Cant afford results like this, just cant.

Chelsea should have more than enough in the locker to beat QPR at home even when resting some players.

Anyone who can't see that needs a good slap :)

GavRedKing wrote: »
    That Lamps goal f**ked us up big time.

I don't get that at all Gav, I don't see that as the reason we ultimately lost. The players didn't preform. But you have to give credit though, poor as we were QPR did defend fairly resolutely, they got in countless blocks from crosses and shots.

Both teams were horrible, but QPR were by far the better team. That said for it still boils down to the lack of respect shown by the manager resting key players for a Derby game, that thinking seems to have worked it way into the players minds and as a result were far too laid back.

We lost fair and square but with the players we have at our disposal we should never have lost.

He rested key players before a cup weekend when he could have rested the whole team, he couldn't fire them to tear into the bottom team in the prem, he took too long to change things - i'd say that's why rafa is getting blamed

You dont expect him to rest key players in the FA Cup do you?

The team have been flying of late, the simple fact is that the Chelsea team were complacent thats the bottom line.

• Advertisement

Cant believe that performance...

Ivanovic, Bertrand, Luiz, Marin all poor.. And Torres was our worst player again.

Cant say anyone played well except Cahill.

Cant afford results like this, just cant.

Totally agree, I thought Luiz lost the head from about 70 mins on, made lots of silly fouls, gave the ball away and shot needlessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Gotta love Shaun Wright-Phillips:

:eek:

do these people not have enough money to pay other people to check their public comments for them before they make an ass of themselves? :P

Seems fairly reasonable :confused:

I didn't watch the game admittedly, Chelsea dominated by all accounts but couldn't find the net?

You dont expect him to rest key players in the FA Cup do you?

The team have been flying of late, the simple fact is that the Chelsea team were complacent thats the bottom line.

Chelsea are playing southampton who have said they will be resting their best players- are ye going to put out a full side team? They should have started with their best team tonight, get the job done, build goal difference and put pressure on top 2 and then rest players

Chelsea are playing southampton who have said they will be resting their best players- are ye going to put out a full side team? They should have started with their best team tonight, get the job done, build goal difference and put pressure on top 2 and then rest players

Well considering its a knockout competition I would start the strongest team.

You only have to read through the start of this thread to see that 99% of people thought Chelsea were going to stroll through this game. Obviously the team had the same mentality.

I don't understand the Benitez stick as a squad is there for a reason. Do you expect the same 11 to start every game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

How did Fabio do for QPR tonight lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Classic Benitez.

How did Fabio do for QPR tonight lads?

He was solid enough although it was just basically a very slow dull game. QPR didnt set up to attack so didnt get to see much of him going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

just watching the highlights on sky, we created more than enough chances, marin did ok, lovely dribble and pass

just watching the highlights on sky, we created more than enough chances, marin did ok, lovely dribble and pass

Maybe if we had a striker to convert those chances we'd be a lot better off:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

zerks wrote: »
    I hope he does,brought him into my Fantasy Football team especially for this game- cue a miracle 1-0 win for QPR.

:D

Advertisement