Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone eaten at Olio & Farina?

Options
  • 02-01-2013 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Olio & Farina got a recommendation in The Sunday Times ‘Italy comes to the city of the tribes; close your eyes and you could be in Rome.

Just wondering has anyone eaten there and what did you think?

Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Olio & Farina got a recommendation in The Sunday Times ‘Italy comes to the city of the tribes; close your eyes and you could be in Rome.

Just wondering has anyone eaten there and what did you think?

Cheers,
    Pa.
    Sure you have the right place? They closed down about 6 months ago. Maybe it was Il Vicolo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Unfortunately The Sunday Times doesn't seem to put too much effort into research. I read that piece as well and wondered about it.
    It was quite a nice place while it lasted :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Olio & Farina... Just wondering has anyone eaten there and what did you think?

Yeah ... back in 2008!

I didn't realise it was part of a multi-national chain (check out their not-updated website).

It was grand. Strictly grand. And didn't feel as Italian as Cafe Venice or Il Vicolo do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

Anyone eaten at Olio & Farina?

Yeah, but not as many as they expected. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Has olio and farina moved premises? I went looking for breadsticks there one day & realised it was closed down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Ludikrus

Gambas wrote: »

Yeah, but not as many as they expected. :p

Brilliant. You're gas!

Advertisement