Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green fungi on outside of house

• 02-01-2013 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

I live in a forested area so I presume this green fungi (presuming too it's a fungi) is from the trees? It's only in small patches but don't want it to spread. I tried power housing but it marks the plaster. The plaster itself is a dyed white (as opposed to being painted). Any tips or recommendations on removing it? Am nervous about making a balls of it and staining the walls!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bligh

The Green patches could be a Fungi ok, have a look at the thread below, bleach works for red patches it might do the trick for green stuff too

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056814268

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

That's perfect, thanks Bligh. It looks exactly like that pic in the t'other thread only I have green stuff instead. Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭dathi

up to woodies with you and buy a 5 litre weed sprayer then to lidl and buy a large bottle of bleach, dilute the bleach 50 /50 with water and spray it on the wall leave it over night and rinse of with hose should come up like new you will have to do it once a year buy a lot cheaper than painting it.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

... It looks exactly like that pic in the t'other thread only I have green stuff instead. .....
    The bleach solution is colour blind :D .....It works for the green stuff as well!

Advertisement